TypeLoadException Starting Lightweight Gateway - ATA 1.7 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running the Lightweight Gateway on two Server 2012 R2 Domain Controllers and the ATA service continually crashes. I've installed .NET 4.6.2 + Dec 2016 rollup on both servers with no effect. This is ATA 1.7 with the MSDN ISO.

From the gateway error logs...

2017-04-04 16:29:08.8518 4348 5 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Error

[NetworkListener] System.TypeLoadException:

Could not load type 'Microsoft.Opn.Runtime.Values.BinaryValueBufferManager'

from assembly 'Microsoft.Opn.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

When we look at the GAC'ed binary, Microsoft.Opn.Runtime.dll, the type BinaryBufferManager is indeed missing. So either the wrong assembly is being GAC'ed, or the wrong (old?) assembly is being shipped in the MSDN ISO.

The GAC'ed binary I have is version 4.0.8100.0 @ 3,122,904 bytes (size; not size on disk) with a created date of ‎Wednesday, ‎August ‎31, ‎2016, ‏‎3:04:22 PM.

Trevor Seward

Office Servers and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 6:25 PM

Answers

• Hello Trevor,

You encounter this error, because you installed Microsoft Message Analyzer. Based on the official documentation, either Wireshark or Microsoft Message Analyzer is not allowed to installed on the ATA Lightweight Gateway.

To resolve this problem, you must uninstall Microsoft Message Analyzer.

Best regards,
    Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 7:17 AM

All replies

• Hello Trevor,

You encounter this error, because you installed Microsoft Message Analyzer. Based on the official documentation, either Wireshark or Microsoft Message Analyzer is not allowed to installed on the ATA Lightweight Gateway.

To resolve this problem, you must uninstall Microsoft Message Analyzer.

Best regards,
    Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 7:17 AM
  • That was it, thank you! After uninstalling MMA and reinstalling the gateways, it fired right up.

Trevor Seward

Office Servers and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 7:37 PM