none
Windows Defender Firewall service is greyed out RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks

This is my 1st question - On my Windows 10 Home OS version 2004 (OS build 19041.508), I'm not able to start the 'Windows Defender Firewall' service as it's is showing as Disabled and options are greyed out.

This happened after I uninstall my MacAfee Live AV s/w and tried to install a crack version of Malwarebytes 4.1.2.72 license software following some specific instructions.

Post which, I just cant get the service to 'Windows Defender Firewall' to start and activate my windows defender firewall.

For the record, I have uninstalled Malwarebytes s/w off my my laptop; rebooted multiple times; ran DISM and Sfc scan but to no luck.

Please advice on the next steps to fix the issue.

Thanks

Praveen

Sunday, September 27, 2020 10:14 AM

All replies

•  Download the firewall  from the internet and press on the firewall button on.

hassansayedissa

Sunday, September 27, 2020 1:21 PM
  • This is a forum strictly related to SysInternals Tools questions.

Microsoft has moved all the old version of the forums to a new site called "Microsoft Q&A": Microsoft Q&A supported products | Microsoft Docs

Please visit that site and post your question to the rigth forum.

Thanks for your cooperation!

HTH
    -mario

Sunday, September 27, 2020 5:39 PM

• This happened after I uninstall my MacAfee Live AV s/w and tried to install a crack version of Malwarebytes 4.1.2.72 license software following some specific instructions.

Hello praven0078,

Sorry to hear that, but it's expected.

Note: Discussion and assistance to users who have used means of bypassing legal activation of programs or OS is prohibited on the TechNet forum.

Avis de non-responsabilité:
    Mon opinion ne peut pas coïncider avec la position officielle de Microsoft.

Bien cordialement, Andrei ...

MCP

Sunday, September 27, 2020 6:42 PM