Some computers are 5 to 6 minutes ahead in time RRS feed

• Question

• I have a DC acting as NTP internal Server but recently some users are complaining that their times are 5 to 6 minutes AHEAD of time.

I followed the KB Article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816042/en-us 3 years ago and works fine since then.

Recently i have changed the PDC emulator to a new server and the old server was configured with the DOMHIER configuration to avoid 2 NTP Servers, reverting back to a "original" config, using a single NTP server.

We installed a time-sensitive application and users are complaing about the 5-6 minutes wrong time.

I created a Startup Script to every reboot, to force synch with the PDC emulator, using the net time /s /y command, but several minutes after, the time changes again to 5-6 minutes difference and stays ahead of time until a new net time /s /y command

Some tip to me?

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:43 PM

Answers

• We discovered one VM/DC with "Time Synch" integration services enabled and the physical machine more thant 5 minutes ahead of time.

Yesterday we changed the time in the HYper-V and we noticed tha most of the users have the LOGONSERVER variable pointed to this particular VM.

We´re waiting the user feedback

Just for make sure time will update, we´ll create a Startup Script to log and make certain that time will be updated at start time

=============================================

@echo off
    cls

echo.
    echo.
    echo Env Vars
    set TIMESERVER=ntp.company.net
    set TEMPFOLDER=c:\windows\temp
    set TRANSFFOLDER=\\server\share\transf\
    set VERSION=1.5
    set TIMELOGFILE=%TEMPFOLDER%\ForceNetTimev_%VERSION%.LOG

echo.
    echo.
    echo ForceNetTime Version %VERSION%fb

echo.
    echo.
    echo %TEMPFOLDER% e %TRANSFFOLDER%
    if not exist %TEMPFOLDER%\*.* MKDIR %TEMPFOLDER%
    if not exist %TRANSFFOLDER%\*.* MKDIR %TRANSFFOLDER%

echo.
    echo.
    echo Enabling Debug Mode w32tm /debug /enable /file:%TEMPFOLDER%\w32time.log /size:100000 /entries:0-300
    if not exist %TEMPFOLDER%\w32time.log w32tm /debug /enable /file:%TEMPFOLDER%\w32time.log /size:100000 /entries:0-300

echo.
    echo.
    echo CheckTime
    echo %COMPUTERNAME%,%DATE%,%TIME% > COMPUTERNAME%.TIME.CSV
    NET TIME \\%TIMESERVER% >> COMPUTERNAME%.TIME.CSV

echo.
    echo.
    echo ForceNetTime
    NET TIME \\%TIMESERVER% /SET /YES > %TIMELOGFILE%

=============================================

• Marked as answer by KayZerSoze Monday, June 24, 2013 12:00 PM
    Monday, June 24, 2013 11:59 AM