Window's XP likes to freeze up RRS feed

• Question

• My Dell Dimension 4600 has Window's XP in it and it has the service pack 3 installed.  It should have all the updates installed.  I just recently changed my Interneter from Internet Explorer to Firefox because my... well I changed with hope for the better.  I may have a virus or two in there somewhere but I do use Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials.  They say I'm OK.  My Problem, I mean besides me, is that this desktop takes a very long time to start up or shut down, it seems like a lot more than it should.  It's almost like its running something else while I'm trying to get its attention.  I have been forced to use the "Ctrl / Alt / Delete" keys Alot more than what I would like to.  I've even had to just unplug the power just to clear it out of the loop.  It runs better in the Safe Mode but I shouldn't have to run it that way all the time.  I and my daughter would really appreciate any help anyone could give us.  And my wife too, I should not forget her.  Thank You, Mack and family
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 3:59 PM

All replies

• Just a note that I forgot in my story / question / plea for help, is that I get a lot of "program is not responding" for some reason.  This may be an important little fact that I forgot, sorry.    Mack
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:32 PM