Outlook 2016 - Inbox search does not show categories RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, In Outlook 2010 and 2013 I could perform a search of my inbox to find specific emails. When the search results was displayed it would still show the category assigned to each email. In Outlook 2016, the search results does not show the category that is assigned to each email. In all cases the CATEGORIES column has been enabled. It seems to only occur when I select "Current Folder" in the search box. This was not an issue in Outlook 2013 and earlier. I tested this issue on a co-workers Outlook 2013 and the problem did not occur. 

My current Outlook level is 16.0.6366.2062

Is this a bug or is there a setting that will allow me to see what category is assigned to each email while displaying search results?  

Thank you.

P.S. I would post screenshots but since this is my first post I am not verified to do so. 

Thursday, February 18, 2016 5:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I upgraded my Office 365 for Outlook 2016 to the latest version (16.0.6001.1061 Current Branch for Business). And I can reproduce your issue in Outlook search with Current Folders, Current Mailboxes and All mailboxes.

Please search All Outlook items which is working with categories search results as a workaround. I would submit a feedback to our product team via internal way. Thanks for your feedback :)

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 19, 2016 8:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I upgraded my Office 365 for Outlook 2016 to the latest version (16.0.6001.1061 Current Branch for Business). And I can reproduce your issue in Outlook search with Current Folders, Current Mailboxes and All mailboxes.

Please search All Outlook items which is working with categories search results as a workaround. I would submit a feedback to our product team via internal way. Thanks for your feedback :)

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 19, 2016 8:47 AM
  • Thanks Winnie for the work around, however, this returns from all my.  I use current folder, current mailbox, etc. a lot and this greatly impacts the functionality.

Has a bug been entered on this?

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 7:56 PM