Windows 7 64 bit freezes RRS feed

• Question

• I have about had enough. For the last week I can only run in safe mode. I have clean booted repeatedly but it still crashes on bare minimum settings and crashes at nearly the same point in about 2 - 3 minutes. I lose all keyboard and mouse use and forced to hard reboot. I have installed bare minimum software and removed WinAmp which is what we believed to be the initial problem. Ran fine for a day, shut down, restarted and back to freezing again. The computer store where I bought the computer has had this machine and it did not skip a beat there yet when I get it home, it starts all over again.

I need a MS tech and tired of getting 'take it back to the store' answers.

Badra de Noir

Friday, October 22, 2010 7:35 PM

All replies

• You may boot in Clean Boot Mode as BSOD can be caused by programs that are running in kernel mode.

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program

If the issue persists in Clean Boot Mode you can try to check the driver signature. To do so, in Start Search box enter sigverif.exe. Then click the start button in “File Signature Verification”. In the result list, please pick up *.sys files, rename one of them and then shut down or restart to check if the issue still occurs. If the issue persists, rename another *.sys file listed in the result of driver signature verifying, and check result again. By doing so we can determine which un-singed driver is the root cause.

Another way is enable muni-dump and use Windbg. Please refer:

How to read the small memory dump files that Windows creates for debugging

You may paste the result in your next post for analyzing.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Wednesday, November 3, 2010 9:25 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Badra de Noir Sunday, December 12, 2010 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:56 AM
  • HI Arthur

Explain me this.... I take the computer back to the store where I bought it... they have it running for 24 hours without a problem yet when I bring it home it starts freezing 3 minutes after booting??? Nothing had been touched at the computer store, they just plugged it in and ran it. I witnessed it running myself for over 20 mins without an issue. PC store is blaming the electricity supply in my home and that I shoudl use my computer at a firend's place - not an option. My partner is running the 32 bit version of W7 on his laptop from the same power supply as I am using mine.

I have already booted numerous time in Clena Boot Mode and it still freezes.

So, it works at the computer store, yet not in my house... explain that one.

Badra de Noir

Saturday, December 11, 2010 11:59 PM
  • Everyone scratching their head on this on??

Badra de Noir

Friday, December 17, 2010 4:18 AM