Now Windows 7 doesn't display Office 2010 properties RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have installed a new version of Office 2010 (home-office) and Windows 7 has stopped showing the doc properties (like Subject, Categories, Content State...) in Details view and even in the Details Pane...

Re-indexing didn't solved it...  Any idea of what's going on?

Friday, July 30, 2010 12:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Valma,

Please check if the same document details can be displayed properly with older versions of Microsoft Office product installed. If so, you can post a thread for Office 2010 on this forum.

Otherwise, please check if the issue occurs in other files such as music files to see if the details can be played properly.

Also, please right click on the documents and then click Properties. Check if the property values in Details tab are correct.

Regards,

Linda

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, August 2, 2010 7:15 AM
  • Hi Linda, 

The same document details could be displayed properly even with the previous Office 2010 pro version I had installed and with the Beta. I could even see some pdf properties. 

I can still see music, video and picture's properties but not Office or pdf. It all happened since installing the Office 2010 home version. 

If I right click in the document and click Properties, the properties I refer to aren't displayed. They are displayed though if I open the document and press File /info. 

It seems that I should have post this in the IT forum, so I'm going to post it there unless I receive an answer tonight here. Feel free to delete this post here if you want and can... 

Regards, 

Valma

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 6:41 PM
  • According to your description, it seems the issue is related to Microsoft Office 2010. You can post a thread on Office 2010 Forum for further assistance. J

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 9:33 AM
  • It seems the proper place is http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/default.aspx#tab=1

but thanks for pinpointing the issue on Office 2010. 

:)

Friday, August 6, 2010 11:02 PM
  • Friday, August 6, 2010 11:09 PM
  • It doesn't display pdf properties either so I'm posting it here (in case someone is interested): http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproui/thread/b047282a-1669-4969-b99c-d6d47465c628
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:11 AM