none
Hijacked Computer - Help!

Question

• I have a small business and am the one and only person who does everything here.  I used to have someone who worked here that has an extensive knowledge of computers.  Well, they have me as a local computer on part of a domain now, and control what sections of the computer I can get to, and such. I cannot change anything that I want to and now I cannot even print without saving to my computer first.   I personally do not have a great knowledge of computers, and have taken my computer in several times to get it fixed, but the companies that I am taking it to obviously know as little as I do!  I am hoping for some instruction as to what it is I need to do so I can have my computer back.  I know it is them because of the comments I have received from their friends pertaining to a couple of pictures they saw on my computer.  Any advise would be great.  If there is a way I can show who it is that is doing this to me would be incredible and a dream come true.  I just want them to stop but they will not.  Thank you for reading this.  Adgenie

PS  I am running Windows 7.  I just typed in tpm.msc and my computer said loading of the management console failed.  Access denied.

• Edited by Adgenie Tuesday, September 15, 2015 11:47 PM
    Tuesday, September 15, 2015 11:24 PM

Answers

• Just want to confirm, when you right-click Computer, then click Properties, you see that your computer is part of an unknown domain, not WORKGROUP, right?

I mean the password of your local admin, not an admin of their domain.This is all you need to unjoin the domain.

When prompted, simply enter your local account in the form <computername>\<username> and provide your password.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, September 25, 2015 1:52 AM

All replies

• Well, they have me as a local computer on part of a domain now, and control what sections of the computer I can get to, and such. I cannot change anything that I want to and now I cannot even print without saving to my computer first.

So the problem is now your computer is part of a domian? If you have the local admin password, then you can refer to the following steps to disconnect it from the domain:

Step 1. Click Start button, then point to Computer.
    Step 2. Right-Click Computer, then click Properties.
    Step 3. Under the Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings, click Change Settings.
    Step 4. Then hit Change, change the Member of Option to Workgroup, hit OK.
    Step 5. You will be prompted the administrator’s account, type it.
    Step 6. Then restart your computer.

Please feel free to let us know if this is not the case, then we'll take a further look.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, September 17, 2015 6:32 AM
  • I do not have any of their passwords as I should not even be part of their domain.  Since I last posted on this site, they have even restricted my usage even further.  Even logging in as the administrator does not allow me to change parts of my computer that I want to, such as removing programs and such.  I am at my wits end. any advice will have great value.  Thank you.
    Thursday, September 24, 2015 11:05 PM
  • Just want to confirm, when you right-click Computer, then click Properties, you see that your computer is part of an unknown domain, not WORKGROUP, right?

I mean the password of your local admin, not an admin of their domain.This is all you need to unjoin the domain.

When prompted, simply enter your local account in the form <computername>\<username> and provide your password.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Friday, September 25, 2015 1:52 AM
  • Thank you for clarifying that.  If I am not part of a domain and only a workgroup, how does someone take control over my computer?  Besides being blocked from making changes that I would like to with my computer, there are several programs that have been added to my computer that I did not install myself.  
    Saturday, September 26, 2015 10:23 PM
  • Also, windows update does not automatically work as I had originally set up on my computer.  How can I fix this?
    Saturday, September 26, 2015 10:24 PM
  • What does this mean?

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <MMC_ConsoleFile ConsoleVersion="3.0" ProgramMode="User">
      <ConsoleFileID>{18578DD0-0E0C-4DEC-A49A-E0197B873E6C}</ConsoleFileID>
      <FrameState ShowStatusBar="true">
        <WindowPlacement ShowCommand="SW_SHOWNORMAL">
          <Point Name="MinPosition" X="-32000" Y="-32000"/>
          <Point Name="MaxPosition" X="-1" Y="-1"/>
          <Rectangle Name="NormalPosition" Top="115" Bottom="860" Left="324" Right="1374"/>
        </WindowPlacement>
      </FrameState>
      <Views>
        <View ID="2" ScopePaneWidth="211" ActionsPaneWidth="-1">
          <BookMark Name="RootNode" NodeID="2"/>
          <BookMark Name="SelectedNode" NodeID="2"/>
          <WindowPlacement WPF_RESTORETOMAXIMIZED="true" ShowCommand="SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED">
            <Point Name="MinPosition" X="-1" Y="-1"/>
            <Point Name="MaxPosition" X="-8" Y="-30"/>
            <Rectangle Name="NormalPosition" Top="23" Bottom="473" Left="36" Right="897"/>
          </WindowPlacement>
          <ViewOptions ViewMode="Report" ScopePaneVisible="true" ActionsPaneVisible="true" DescriptionBarVisible="true" DefaultColumn0Width="200" DefaultColumn1Width="0"/>
        </View>
      </Views>
      <VisualAttributes>
        <String Name="ApplicationTitle" ID="1"/>
        <Icon Index="0" File="%systemroot%\system32\tpmcompc.dll">
          <Image Name="Large" BinaryRefIndex="0"/>
          <Image Name="Small" BinaryRefIndex="1"/>
          <Image Name="Large48x" BinaryRefIndex="2"/>
        </Icon>
      </VisualAttributes>
      <Favorites>
        <Favorite TYPE="Group">
          <String Name="Name" ID="2"/>
          <Favorites/>
        </Favorite>
      </Favorites>
      <ScopeTree>
        <SnapinCache>
          <Snapin CLSID="FX:{7d3830aa-e69e-4e17-8bd1-1b87b97099da}" AllExtensionsEnabled="false">
            <Extensions/>
          </Snapin>
          <Snapin CLSID="{C96401CC-0E17-11D3-885B-00C04F72C717}" AllExtensionsEnabled="true"/>
        </SnapinCache>
        <Nodes>
          <Node ID="1" ImageIdx="0" CLSID="{C96401CC-0E17-11D3-885B-00C04F72C717}" Preload="false">
            <Nodes>
              <Node ID="2" ImageIdx="0" CLSID="FX:{7d3830aa-e69e-4e17-8bd1-1b87b97099da}" Preload="true">
                <Nodes/>
                <String Name="Name" ID="3"/>
                <Bitmaps>
                  <BinaryData Name="Small" BinaryRefIndex="3"/>
                  <BinaryData Name="Large" BinaryRefIndex="4"/>
                </Bitmaps>
                <ComponentDatas>
                  <ComponentData>
                    <GUID Name="Snapin">FX:{7d3830aa-e69e-4e17-8bd1-1b87b97099da}</GUID>
                    <Stream BinaryRefIndex="5"/>
                  </ComponentData>
                </ComponentDatas>
                <Components>
                  <Component ViewID="2">
                    <GUID Name="Snapin">FX:{7d3830aa-e69e-4e17-8bd1-1b87b97099da}</GUID>
                    <Stream BinaryRefIndex="6"/>
                  </Component>
                </Components>
              </Node>
            </Nodes>
            <String Name="Name" ID="4"/>
            <Bitmaps>
              <BinaryData Name="Small" BinaryRefIndex="7"/>
              <BinaryData Name="Large" BinaryRefIndex="8"/>
            </Bitmaps>
            <ComponentDatas>
              <ComponentData>
                <GUID Name="Snapin">{C96401CC-0E17-11D3-885B-00C04F72C717}</GUID>
                <Stream BinaryRefIndex="9"/>
              </ComponentData>
            </ComponentDatas>
            <Components/>
          </Node>
        </Nodes>
      </ScopeTree>
      <ConsoleTaskpads/>
      <ViewSettingsCache>
        <TargetView ViewID="2" NodeTypeGUID="{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}">
          <BookMark NodeID="2"/>
        </TargetView>
        <ViewSettings Flag_ResultView="true" Age="1">
          <ResultView>
            <Description>WMI Error</Description>
          </ResultView>
        </ViewSettings>
        <TargetView ViewID="2" NodeTypeGUID="{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}"/>
        <ViewSettings Flag_TaskPadID="true" Age="2">
          <GUID>{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}</GUID>
        </ViewSettings>
      </ViewSettingsCache>
      <ColumnSettingsCache/>
      <StringTables>
        <IdentifierPool AbsoluteMin="1" AbsoluteMax="65535" NextAvailable="5"/>
        <StringTable>
          <GUID>{71E5B33E-1064-11D2-808F-0000F875A9CE}</GUID>
          <Strings>
            <String ID="1" Refs="1">Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Management on Local Computer</String>
            <String ID="2" Refs="1">Favorites</String>
            <String ID="3" Refs="1">TPM Management on Local Computer</String>
            <String ID="4" Refs="2">Console Root</String>
          </Strings>
        </StringTable>
      </StringTables>
      <BinaryStorage>

Saturday, September 26, 2015 11:05 PM
  • I also found this in my quickbooks files:  (note I do not do payroll from this program)

###################Sunday, January 12, 11:20:47#####################
    ******UploadData:  Posting to URL: ************* 
    https://sfloop.intuit.com/j/sfloop

******UploadData:  Internet Client type ************* 
    Intuit IC

******UploadData:  Request HTTP Header: ************* 
    User-Agent: QBHelp/21.0/R11

Content-type: application/x-intuit-error-report

Content-length:4277

******UploadData:  Request Xmls String: ************* 
    <?xml version="1.0"?><!DOCTYPE SBN PUBLIC '-//INTUIT//DTD QBN Platform QBNSF 1.0//EN' 'http://sfloop.intuit.com/dtds/qbnsfloop.dtd'>

<SBN><SignonMsgsRq version="1"><SignonUserRq trnUID="E117DD73-9E39-4CE0-990C-D03127CAFC86"><ClientDateTime>2014-01-12T23:20:47</ClientDateTime><UserLogin>anonymous00000000000</UserLogin><UserPass>anonymous00000000000</UserPass><ParentID>0</ParentID><Language>English</Language><AppID>QuickBooks Error Report</AppID><AppVer>1.0</AppVer></SignonUserRq></SignonMsgsRq><QBNSFMsgsRq version="1"><CustomerReportAddRq trnUID="B4234814-7657-48A6-A221-9261F833BB41"><ReportInfo><ReportType>Error</ReportType><ReportTimestamp>2014-01-12T23:14:40</ReportTimestamp><ErrorCode>620229</ErrorCode></ReportInfo><ProductInfo><ProductName>QBHelp</ProductName><ProductVersion>21.0</ProductVersion><SubProductName>QBHelp</SubProductName><ProductRelease>R11</ProductRelease><ProductDir>C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2011</ProductDir><ProductDataDir>C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2011</ProductDataDir></ProductInfo><CustomData><CustomField><Name>Additional Text</Name><Value>i don't know what you are talking about.  </Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>MainApplication</Name><Value>QBHelp</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>SubApplication</Name><Value>QBHelp</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Version</Name><Value>21.0</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Release</Name><Value>R11</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>HelpVersion</Name><Value>21.0</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>HelpRelease</Name><Value>R11</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Exception String 0</Name><Value>System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800700AA): The requested resource is in use. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700AA)

at SHDocVw.IWebBrowser2.Navigate(String URL, Object&amp; Flags, Object&amp; TargetFrameName, Object&amp; PostData, Object&amp; Headers)</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Exception Type 0</Name><Value>System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Exception Message 0</Name><Value>The requested resource is in use. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700AA)</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Exception StackTrace 0</Name><Value>   at SHDocVw.IWebBrowser2.Navigate(String URL, Object&amp; Flags, Object&amp; TargetFrameName, Object&amp; PostData, Object&amp; Headers)</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Hashcode</Name><Value>1456910523</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>TargetSite</Name><Value>Void Navigate(System.String, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef)</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Email</Name><Value>adgenie@gmail.com</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>MainApplication</Name><Value>QBHelp</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>SubApplication</Name><Value>QBHelp</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Version</Name><Value>21.0</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Release</Name><Value>R11</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>HelpVersion</Name><Value>21.0</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>HelpRelease</Name><Value>R11</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Exception String 0</Name><Value>System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800700AA): The requested resource is in use. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700AA)

at SHDocVw.IWebBrowser2.Navigate(String URL, Object&amp; Flags, Object&amp; TargetFrameName, Object&amp; PostData, Object&amp; Headers)</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Exception Type 0</Name><Value>System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Exception Message 0</Name><Value>The requested resource is in use. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700AA)</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Exception StackTrace 0</Name><Value>   at SHDocVw.IWebBrowser2.Navigate(String URL, Object&amp; Flags, Object&amp; TargetFrameName, Object&amp; PostData, Object&amp; Headers)</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Hashcode</Name><Value>1456910523</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>TargetSite</Name><Value>Void Navigate(System.String, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef)</Value></CustomField></CustomData></CustomerReportAddRq></QBNSFMsgsRq></SBN>

******UploadData:  Responce XML: ************* 
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no"?>
    <!DOCTYPE SBN PUBLIC "-//INTUIT//DTD QBN Platform QBNSF 1.0//EN" "http://sfloop.intuit.com/dtds/qbnsfloop.dtd">
    <SBN>
     <SignonMsgsRs version="1">
      <SignonUserRs statusCode="0" statusSeverity="INFO" trnUID="E117DD73-9E39-4CE0-990C-D03127CAFC86">
       <ServerDateTime>20140113T072051</ServerDateTime>
      </SignonUserRs>
     </SignonMsgsRs>
     <QBNSFMsgsRs version="1">
      <CustomerReportAddRs statusCode="0" statusMessage="OK" statusSeverity="INFO" trnUID="B4234814-7657-48A6-A221-9261F833BB41">
       <ReportID>126199491</ReportID>
       <ReceivedTimestamp>2014-01-13T07:20:51</ReceivedTimestamp>
       <ReportStatus>0</ReportStatus>
       <BackOff>60</BackOff>
      </CustomerReportAddRs>
     </QBNSFMsgsRs>
    </SBN>

******UploadData:  Payload HTTP header: ************* 

Content-length:91661

#################################################################

###################Tuesday, January 14, 03:21:49#####################
    ******UploadData:  Posting to URL: ************* 
    https://sfloop.intuit.com/j/sfloop

******UploadData:  Internet Client type ************* 
    Intuit IC

******UploadData:  Request HTTP Header: ************* 

Content-length:4251

******UploadData:  Request Xmls String: ************* 
    <?xml version="1.0"?><!DOCTYPE SBN PUBLIC '-//INTUIT//DTD QBN Platform QBNSF 1.0//EN' 'http://sfloop.intuit.com/dtds/qbnsfloop.dtd'>

<SBN><SignonMsgsRq version="1"><SignonUserRq trnUID="327D0750-004A-410F-B12B-7B9903E2A300"><ClientDateTime>2014-01-14T15:21:49</ClientDateTime><UserLogin>anonymous00000000000</UserLogin><UserPass>anonymous00000000000</UserPass><ParentID>0</ParentID><Language>English</Language><AppID>QuickBooks Error Report</AppID><AppVer>1.0</AppVer></SignonUserRq></SignonMsgsRq><QBNSFMsgsRq version="1"><CustomerReportAddRq trnUID="53CD94E6-5C59-4165-B75F-2C6B475ACF56"><ReportInfo><ReportType>Error</ReportType><ReportTimestamp>2014-01-14T15:19:04</ReportTimestamp><ErrorCode>620229</ErrorCode></ReportInfo><ProductInfo><ProductName>QBHelp</ProductName><ProductVersion>21.0</ProductVersion><SubProductName>QBHelp</SubProductName><ProductRelease>R11</ProductRelease><ProductDir>C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2011</ProductDir><ProductDataDir>C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2011</ProductDataDir></ProductInfo><CustomData><CustomField><Name>Additional Text</Name><Value>open the program</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>MainApplication</Name><Value>QBHelp</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>SubApplication</Name><Value>QBHelp</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Version</Name><Value>21.0</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Release</Name><Value>R11</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>HelpVersion</Name><Value>21.0</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>HelpRelease</Name><Value>R11</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Exception String 0</Name><Value>System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800700AA): The requested resource is in use. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700AA)

at SHDocVw.IWebBrowser2.Navigate(String URL, Object&amp; Flags, Object&amp; TargetFrameName, Object&amp; PostData, Object&amp; Headers)</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Exception Type 0</Name><Value>System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Exception Message 0</Name><Value>The requested resource is in use. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700AA)</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Exception StackTrace 0</Name><Value>   at SHDocVw.IWebBrowser2.Navigate(String URL, Object&amp; Flags, Object&amp; TargetFrameName, Object&amp; PostData, Object&amp; Headers)</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Hashcode</Name><Value>1456910523</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>TargetSite</Name><Value>Void Navigate(System.String, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef)</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Email</Name><Value>adgenie@gmail.com</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>MainApplication</Name><Value>QBHelp</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>SubApplication</Name><Value>QBHelp</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Version</Name><Value>21.0</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Release</Name><Value>R11</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>HelpVersion</Name><Value>21.0</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>HelpRelease</Name><Value>R11</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Exception String 0</Name><Value>System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800700AA): The requested resource is in use. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700AA)

at SHDocVw.IWebBrowser2.Navigate(String URL, Object&amp; Flags, Object&amp; TargetFrameName, Object&amp; PostData, Object&amp; Headers)</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Exception Type 0</Name><Value>System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Exception Message 0</Name><Value>The requested resource is in use. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700AA)</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Exception StackTrace 0</Name><Value>   at SHDocVw.IWebBrowser2.Navigate(String URL, Object&amp; Flags, Object&amp; TargetFrameName, Object&amp; PostData, Object&amp; Headers)</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>Hashcode</Name><Value>1456910523</Value></CustomField><CustomField><Name>TargetSite</Name><Value>Void Navigate(System.String, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef)</Value></CustomField></CustomData></CustomerReportAddRq></QBNSFMsgsRq></SBN>

******UploadData:  Responce XML: ************* 
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no"?>
    <!DOCTYPE SBN PUBLIC "-//INTUIT//DTD QBN Platform QBNSF 1.0//EN" "http://sfloop.intuit.com/dtds/qbnsfloop.dtd">
    <SBN>
     <SignonMsgsRs version="1">
      <SignonUserRs statusCode="0" statusSeverity="INFO" trnUID="327D0750-004A-410F-B12B-7B9903E2A300">
       <ServerDateTime>20140114T232153</ServerDateTime>
      </SignonUserRs>
     </SignonMsgsRs>
     <QBNSFMsgsRs version="1">
      <CustomerReportAddRs statusCode="0" statusMessage="OK" statusSeverity="INFO" trnUID="53CD94E6-5C59-4165-B75F-2C6B475ACF56">
       <ReportID>126524041</ReportID>
       <ReceivedTimestamp>2014-01-14T23:21:53</ReceivedTimestamp>
       <ReportStatus>0</ReportStatus>
       <BackOff>60</BackOff>
      </CustomerReportAddRs>
     </QBNSFMsgsRs>
    </SBN>

******UploadData:  Payload HTTP header: ************* 

Content-length:92238

#################################################################

Saturday, September 26, 2015 11:07 PM
  • Save all your files and do a clean install of your computer. It is the safest way to solve this issue.
    Sunday, September 27, 2015 2:56 PM
  • You haven't confirm whether you can leave that domain by following Ethan's steps. That's the crrect steps if you want to leave a domain decently. Otherwise, as also suggested, do a clean install of your computer.

Monday, September 28, 2015 1:44 AM