none
Installing SP1 AND CU Updates on Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Project Server 2010 Production Environment consists of 2 web server, 2 Application Server and SQL Server 2008 R2 with clustering.

I like to know what is the procedure i need to follow to install PS 2010 SP1 AND CU Updates for SQL Server clustering environment.

Thanks for you help in advance!

Thanks,

Raghu Reddy

• Edited by Raghureddy Saturday, March 17, 2012 6:34 PM
    Saturday, March 17, 2012 5:39 PM

Answers

• Do you have Project and SharePoint installed on your SQL cluster nodes? In that case, you have to install all the files on both nodes, and then run wizard on the active and then on the passive.

Marek Chmel, WBI Systems (MCTS, MCITP, MCT, CCNA)
    Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been helpful for you.

• Marked as answer by Raghureddy Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:14 PM
    Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:03 PM
  • Hello Raghu,

You dont have to install any patch on SQL server. In addition to Marek  steps, I would suggest small change

First install SP and CU on all the servers (without starting SharePoint Configuration Wizard) and Initiate sharepoint configuration wizard starting with server hosting Central admin.

Hrushikesh Deshpande – Senior EPM Infrastructure Consultant, www.DeltaBahn.com

Sunday, March 18, 2012 4:45 AM

All replies

• You can use this sequence of steps

Install SharePoint 2010 SP1
    Do not start the SharePoint Configuration Wizard
    Install Project Server 2010 SP1 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2460047
    Do not start the SharePoint Configuration Wizard
    Install Office Servers 2010 Language Pack SP1 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2460056
    Do not start the SharePoint Configuration Wizard
    Install Project Server 2010 CU
    Start the SharePoint Configuration Wizard

Note that

Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been helpful for you.

Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:45 PM
  • Thanks FOR replying  Marek Chmel! the sequence for installing the PS 2010 SP1 AND CU UPDATES.

But i like to know what i need to do if we have sql server clustering with active and passive node for installing PS 2010 SP1 and cu updates.Do i need to stop the sql server clustering while running SharePoint 2010 config   or do i need to first install on active node and then on to passive node.

Much Appreciated!

Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:54 PM
  • Do you have Project and SharePoint installed on your SQL cluster nodes? In that case, you have to install all the files on both nodes, and then run wizard on the active and then on the passive.

• Marked as answer by Raghureddy Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:14 PM
    Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:03 PM
  • Hello Raghu,

You dont have to install any patch on SQL server. In addition to Marek  steps, I would suggest small change

First install SP and CU on all the servers (without starting SharePoint Configuration Wizard) and Initiate sharepoint configuration wizard starting with server hosting Central admin.

Hrushikesh Deshpande – Senior EPM Infrastructure Consultant, www.DeltaBahn.com

Sunday, March 18, 2012 4:45 AM
  • Thanks to both of you  Hrishi and Marek!
    Sunday, March 18, 2012 9:18 PM