Calendar - All Day Event - Need to make this editable in Datasheet view RRS feed

• Question

• In the datasheet view I want to be able to edit the All Day Event. It is greyed out.  I have SharePoint 2013 it worked fine in SharePoint 2010.

Is there a way to be able to do this?

Can not edit this to Yes or No.

• Edited by troyak Monday, April 28, 2014 6:21 PM
    Monday, April 28, 2014 4:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you wanted to make All Day Event  editable in Datasheet view.

There is no out of the box way to accomplish this with SharePoint.

By design in SharePoint 2013, the All Day Event filed is read only in Datasheet view.

As a workaround, you can create a Yes/No column to instead the All Day Event filed.

Then set the All Day Event filed value based on the value of the Yes/No column programmically.

Thanks,

Linda Li                

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by troyak Wednesday, April 30, 2014 7:16 PM
    Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you wanted to make All Day Event  editable in Datasheet view.

There is no out of the box way to accomplish this with SharePoint.

By design in SharePoint 2013, the All Day Event filed is read only in Datasheet view.

As a workaround, you can create a Yes/No column to instead the All Day Event filed.

Then set the All Day Event filed value based on the value of the Yes/No column programmically.

Thanks,

Linda Li                

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by troyak Wednesday, April 30, 2014 7:16 PM
    Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:52 AM
  • Thanks for that information and workaround.

Too bad they made it that way in 2013 when in 2010 it worked fine.  Seems like working backwards.
    I am finding many items in the 2013 version very unfriendly and less useful then it was in 2010.

My 2 cents if MS is listening.

• Edited by troyak Wednesday, April 30, 2014 7:27 PM
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 7:18 PM
  • I agree with troyak.
    Monday, July 28, 2014 2:15 PM
  • Yes, this is needed!  Why force people to program in a workaround?  Without this, the datasheet view is useless in SharePoint when it comes to calendars, because you can't actually add any events that will show up on the calendar view. 

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 8:22 PM
  • Hi,

I found best alternate solution where you can update value for "All Day Event" column for  all events at one  time.

1) Open Calendar in and  select option " Open with Access"  in Ribbon tab under "Connect & Export" section

2) Once Calender open in MS Access , calendar display like list or Table and you can edit the value of "All Day Event" column by update  Check(Yes) or Uncheck (No)  for all the Events.

3) Save the changes by clicking "save" icon and

4) Refresh the Calendar page in SharePoint and you can see the update/change made in MS Access

Result

I hope this solution can resolve the problem

Thanking You,

Ravi Magham

ravi

• Proposed as answer by SamChen07 Wednesday, November 2, 2016 4:14 AM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2015 10:41 PM
  • Hi,

I found best alternate solution where you can update value for "All Day Event" column for  all events at one  time.

1) Open Calendar in and  select option " Open with Access"  in Ribbon tab under "Connect & Export" section

2) Once Calender open in MS Access , calendar display like list or Table and you can edit the value of "All Day Event" column by update  Check(Yes) or Uncheck (No)  for all the Events.

4) Refresh the Calendar page in SharePoint and you can see the update/change made in MS Access

Thanking You,

Ravi Magham

ravi

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 10:42 PM
  • Hi,

Thanking You,

Ravi Magham

ravi

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 10:42 PM
  • Hi,

Thanking You,

Ravi Magham

ravi

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 10:43 PM
  • Hi,

Thanking You,

Ravi Magham

ravi

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 10:44 PM
  •  

Hi,

I found best alternate solution where you can update value for "All Day Event" column for  all events at one  time.

Thanking You,

Ravi Magham

• Edited by magham_ravi Wednesday, July 22, 2015 10:47 PM image
    Wednesday, July 22, 2015 10:44 PM
  • I found it's workable. Thank You magham_ravi.  I use MS Access 2013 to update  Calendar List of SharePoint 2013 foundation.
    Wednesday, November 2, 2016 4:14 AM
  • Thanks. I even tried it with SharePoint Online and Access 2010 and it worked!!

MAK

Thursday, October 19, 2017 3:57 AM
  • What do you mean by Programmically. I tried a SPD workflow to do this and it fails due to the date/time column.
    Thursday, January 25, 2018 6:26 PM