Skype audio on skype not work on my iPhone RRS feed

• Question

• Calls made with my iphone for skype do not work with audio. We can hear the other person but they cannot hear me. Changing the microphone off/on, the speaker off/on, nothing works! The mic works fine with regular phone calls and other stuff, only skype has the problem!

Regards

US James

US James

• Edited by US_James Friday, July 6, 2018 2:01 AM
    Friday, July 6, 2018 1:59 AM

All replies

• Hi US_James,

According to your description, I want to confirm with you the following:
    Did this issue occur in the Skype for Business client or Skype on the IOS device? Skype and Skype for Business are the different software.

If this issue occurred in the Skype for Business client on the IOS device, I give you following suggestions:
    1. Try to login Skype for business client on the PC with your account, check whether the audio works on the PC. If in the PC it also has this question, you could refer to the following, you could check whether set any policies to your account. 
    In addition, if this issue occurs in the PC, you could also check the options follow the article below:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/set-audio-device-options-in-skype-for-business-2533d929-9814-4349-8ae4-fca29246e2ff 
    2. Check the IOS version and Skype for Business Client version on your device, I suggest you could try to update the version to the latest version, then check the issue whether occur again.

Best Regard,
    Evan
    Monday, July 9, 2018 2:01 AM
  • Hi US_James,

Is there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,

Evan

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 6:17 AM
  • Hi

The issue is with the iPhone with peer to peer calls. We are able to join the skype meeting with iPhone and working fine.

The one way audio issue is only with the  peer to peer audio calls.

Regards

Sandeep Kumar

US James

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 2:50 AM
  • Hi US_James,

Does this issue only occur in the iPhone? In the PC or Android does this issue occur?
    Does this issue only occur for one user or all users?

As you know, the media traffic of the P2P audio call will not go through the FE Server, you could refer to the following screenshot:

We suggest you could check the IOS setting and the version. In addition, you could check the Skype for Business client version in the iPhone, you could update the version to the latest.

Best Regard,
    Evan

Thursday, July 12, 2018 1:53 AM
  • iOS and Skype client version is up to date.No issue observed on PC.Not get a chance to check on android.

Regards

Sandeep Kumar

US James

Thursday, July 12, 2018 5:03 AM
  • Hi US_James,

Does this issue only occur for one user or all users?

If only one user has this issue, I suggest you could check whether assign the specially policy for this user, you could try to run the cmdlet in the FE Server: Get-CsUser  User

If all users have this issue, I suggest you could check the RP settings and the DNS records. You could refer to following screenshot to find more details:
    Best Regard,
    Evan

Monday, July 16, 2018 2:51 AM
  • We are facing this issue with one user and she is getting one way audio during peer to peer call. She is able to listen other user but other user not able to hear her. When she is joining meeting it is working fine.

US James

Wednesday, July 18, 2018 4:59 AM
  • Hi US_James,

Did you let the user try to login the other IOS device with her account and check whether this issue occur again, this issue may occurred as the device setting.

If in the other device also have this issue, I suggest you could try to delete the user and recreate the user in the Skype for Business Server Control Panel:

1. Export-CsUserData -PoolFqdn "atl-cs-001.litwareinc.com" -FileName "C:\Logs\ExportedUserData.zip" -userfilter "Name@domain.com" 

2. Delete the user and re-create the user

3. Login with the user to check whether this issue happened again

4. Update-Csuserdata -Filename "C:\Logs\ExportedUserData.zip" -UserFilter Name@domian.com

Best Regard,

Evan

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Wednesday, July 18, 2018 6:12 AM
    Wednesday, July 18, 2018 6:11 AM
  • Hi US_James,

Is there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has the similar issue.

Best Regard,
    Evan
    Friday, July 20, 2018 7:49 AM
  • We have not performed the above steps as we have send the issue local team to check the iPhone settings.Then we will perform the above steps.

Thanks

US James

Friday, July 20, 2018 7:59 AM
  • Hi US_James,

Is there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has the similar issue.

Best Regard,
    Evan
    Monday, July 23, 2018 1:24 AM
  • Hi US_James,

Best Regard,
    Evan
    Tuesday, July 24, 2018 6:23 AM