none
Forefront UAG trunks are limited to listening on ports 80 and 443 only RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am just stumbling over this UAG product haziness: "Forefront UAG trunks are limited to listening on ports 80 and 443 only" (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee921426.aspx). I was wondering if there is any change to accomplish this anyway (despite the fact that the Service Policy Manager is gone in UAG). I admit that normally this feature would not be needed. As a matter of fact I have a customer who had it implemented with IAG (using the same IP/FQDN for 2 trunks with different authentication schemes on 2 different TCP ports). To be honest, I think such an scenario is not too exotic, is it?

Best regards

Thomas

Thursday, November 11, 2010 10:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Thomas,

Unfortunately there is no way to work around this limitation.

Regards,

-Ran
    • Marked as answer by Thomas Wendler Thursday, November 11, 2010 11:06 AM
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 10:19 AM
  • Hi Ran,

this is imho really a shame.

Thanks anyway

Thomas

Thursday, November 11, 2010 11:06 AM
  • Could you make a publishing rule in TMG that listened on the other port and forwarded to some other local IP on 443 for UAG to see? I guess it wouldn't work since it isn't crossing any nat/routing interface... I've totally never tried this, it just seemed like a possibility.

Sunday, November 14, 2010 2:08 AM
  • Could you make a publishing rule in TMG that listened on the other port and forwarded to some other local IP on 443 for UAG to see? I guess it wouldn't work since it isn't crossing any nat/routing interface... I've totally never tried this, it just seemed like a possibility.

That would not be a supported configuration of TMG running on UAG.
    -Ran
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 8:32 AM