none
The conference ID is not recognized RRS feed

• Question

• Some users not all. When they call in to Skype for business meeting the system does recognize the conference ID. 

Attempting to join Skype for Business meetings with their AT&T phone. Some others use T-Mobile connect with no issues. This has been an issue for only a couple weeks. It worked before. I confirmed the users are in fact typing the correct conference ID.  This happens  to the all AT&T customers calling into our conference.  We are using Lync Server 2013

The cell phone provider should not be a factor imo. However it has been tested
    Thursday, May 16, 2019 9:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Tim254,

According to your description, it seems this issue only occurred in the users who are using AT&T phone. For this issue, I want to double confirm the following questions with you:
    1. When the users join the SFB meeting with another phone, does this issue occurs?
    2. Which error does the users get when you try to dial in the SFB meeting with conferencing ID?

For this issue, if other users who are using another phone do not have problems, and it only occurred in the AT&T phone, it would be the phone issue, you could check the settings in the phone or please double confirm with the cell phone provider. 

In addition, according to your description, you have checked with the provider and it is not related to the cell phone, could you provide the details about your test?

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 17, 2019 2:51 AM
  • Hi Tim254,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 6:04 AM
  • To you 1st question.  The users do have another cell to to try. I am able to join the meeting from phone. But one of my coworker who also has AT&T cannot.

The error the users get says

The conference ID is not recognized.

For testing I created a conference gave the id to users.  They tried to call an the AT&T users received the error above when trying to call into the meeting.  They are able to use the call me at feature when using the app however.

Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:50 PM
  • Hi Tim254,

According to your description, this issue only occurs in the AT&T phone, user could join the meeting with other cell phones or SFB client.

Based on the information above, this issue may be not related to the SFB Server and SFB client, it should be the AT&T phone issue, could you double check with your provider about this?

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Friday, May 24, 2019 9:18 AM
  • Were on the Lync server can I look to see the logs of the users trying to dial conference ID?
    Friday, May 24, 2019 4:16 PM
  • Hi Tim254,

If you want to collect logs in the Lync Server, you could try to use Lync Server Debugging tools and collect the logs in the Mediation Server, then check the logs related to the conference. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Monday, May 27, 2019 9:21 AM
  • Hi Tim254,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?
    If there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Thursday, May 30, 2019 8:14 AM