Repeating Messages RRS feed

• Question

• I installed RealPlayer 10.5, which I found out is incompatiable with Beta 2.  After I did this, I received Application Compatiability notices every few seconds, despite checking the box to not show the message again.  Eventually I uninstalled and it resolved the problem.  My only gripe is that the Do Not Show This Message Again check box should actually work! :-)
    Thursday, June 1, 2006 8:02 PM

Answers

• From what I can tell, RP 10.5 is not supported on Vista. The Real website says support is limited to "Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 6 or later(playback only), Windows 2000 with Service Pack 2 or later, or Windows XP"

You will need an updated version - and I'd expect to see one soon.

I've added RP 10.5 to the list of problematic apps.

Wednesday, June 7, 2006 1:24 PM

All replies

• Have you reported this using the Beta client?

If not, please do!
    Tuesday, June 6, 2006 1:31 PM
  • Indeed, I have.  Hopefully that can be fixed and a compatiable version of RealPlayer developed! :)

Tuesday, June 6, 2006 1:34 PM
  • From what I can tell, RP 10.5 is not supported on Vista. The Real website says support is limited to "Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 6 or later(playback only), Windows 2000 with Service Pack 2 or later, or Windows XP"

You will need an updated version - and I'd expect to see one soon.

I've added RP 10.5 to the list of problematic apps.

Wednesday, June 7, 2006 1:24 PM
  • This forum is for the Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT). I am moving your thread to the Applications forum where others can benefit from your post and its answer.
    Friday, July 28, 2006 10:55 PM
  • Hi, i have the same problem with IE7 Final version, i always get the checkbox message "In the future, do not show this message." and i check it and say yes. I have try everything. If anybody knoes how to solve it ?

Saturday, September 29, 2007 2:41 PM
  • I keep getting "Rundll32" error messages. Sometimes they pop up very frequently, up to about three at the same time, other times it will be hours. What do I do?
    Monday, October 1, 2007 5:30 AM