none
Lync 2013 Hybrid to Skype for Business Online O365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

We have purchased E3 licenses and we will be setting up Exchange hybrid to O365.

We also have ADFS for SSO.

We also have On Premise Lync 2013 servers for which we need to set up a hybrid and migrate users to SFB online.

So is there any article which will help me with this lync integration to SFB and also how will be the autheticaltion flow for lync on premise users and SFB online users?

Thanks,

Mitesh Jain

Thursday, March 23, 2017 8:13 AM

All replies

• DNS records stay pointing to on-Premises. Hybrid SfB / Lync is nothing but a On-premise Lync / SfB federated with O365.
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 11:14 AM
  • Hi Shankar,

Can you share any article on this?

Friday, March 24, 2017 5:06 AM
  • Hi Mitesh,

For Hybrid setup between Lync 2013 on premise and Skype for business online you can follow below mentioned tech net blog.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/2015/12/23/step-by-step-skype-for-business-2015-hybrid-configuration/

As Skype for business server 2015 is same as Lync you can use above mentioned URL for help.

For moving users from on premises to SFB online your can use below mentioned cmdlet on lyncshell.

Move-CsUser -Identity sip:test@domain.com -Target sipfed.online.lync.com -Credential $creds -HostedMigrationOverrideUrl https://admin01.online.lync.com/hostedmigration/hostedmigrationservice.svc -Confirm:$false.

Where HostedMigrationoverrideURL will be your SFB online portal url.

For authentication you already mentioned you have already setup ADFS and SSO. So in Hybrid scenario domain must be added as federated domain on cloud and it will redirect users for their credentials to on premises ADFS server.

Please feel free to raise any other concern if required.

Thanks

VS Bhadauria

Friday, March 24, 2017 6:33 AM
  • Hi VS,

Thanks for the article.

It really helped. One more thing here the SIP domain which is used on premise is not federated to O365. the SMTP domain and the SIP domains are different and the SMTP domain is federated and configured for SSO using ADFS.

So what can be the work around for this? Do I need to federate the SIP domain also and configure it for SSO using ADFS?

Also can you explain me how the authentication will take place for ON premise Lync user and SFB onlne user during co-existence Phase?

Monday, March 27, 2017 7:12 AM
  • Hi Mits,

You needn’t to configure SIP domain in SSO in ADFS, authenticate will use on-premise AD as the following link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service-web/web-sites-authentication-authorization

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 30, 2017 2:19 AM
  • Hi

I'm a looking to setup a hybrid environment for lync 2013 and Skype for Business online .... we have just setup hybrid exchange and migrated a few mailboxes to Office 365, We use Lync for Enterprise Voice and have unified messaging setup . We wish to use on premise pstn with Skype for Business online, could you advise if I should still follow steps outlined in your post 24/03/17?

I have found that having synced AD  users are not provisioned with Skype for Business in Office 365 (E3 with Voip add on) and have read this is because accounts have attributes in AD for lync on premise which get synced to the cloud and should be removed, 

We do not have ADFS in place and use AD connect to sync on premise Active Directory to Azure AD. Must we have ADFS in place? I am new to Lync 2013 and have "inherited" current setup with out any hand over.

Many Thanks

Regards

Suzanne

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 7:32 AM
  • Hi Suzanne,

See this article on how to use Phone System in Office 365 with your on-premises PSTN connectivity:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/nagshettykadwadi/2017/12/17/configuring-phone-system-cloud-pbx-and-on-premises-pstn-connectivity-for-skype-for-business-online/

Users enabled in on-premises Lync/SfB won't be provisioned in SfB Online because of the presence of msRTCSIP * attributes.  You need to move users to SfB online using Move-CsUser, and ensure they are correctly enabled for Enterprise Voice as detailed in the above URL.

You don't need ADFS.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 8:13 AM