Windows 7 Offline Files initial sync stalling out? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a bit of a problem with trying to make a network drive available offline on a new win 7-64 laptop we have. Essentially each user has a private drive on the network (H:\) and our VP travels a lot so he wants it available when he is out of the office (international). The issue is that I choose to make it available offline and it shows it as syncing but it is taking a super long time and it does not look like it is progressing. First off it is pretty large, 70 GB total, so I could understand it taking some time but it went about a week without finishing so I reset it and it has been going for a solid 24 hrs again and still syncing. When I open up sync center it always says sync in progress and if I view the offline files the offline availability of some files and folders are listed as not available offline. It seems that if I open a file it then becomes available offline but sifting though hundreds of directories and opening each file does not seem like the resolution. Anyone had any experience syncing such a large folder, it worked fine on his windows XP machine so I don't know what the problem could be or if it just takes a long freaking time to sync... Any way to restart the sync or force the files that are still listed as not available offline to be available? Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I am pulling my hair out trying to make this work and there seems to be limited setting and options in sync center.
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 11:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please reset CSC database and try again.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/230738

Note: the files you want to use offline are so large, so this will spent very long time to sync. It is normal.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Juke Chou Thursday, December 8, 2011 8:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Monday, December 26, 2011 2:44 AM
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 8:18 AM