internal skype for business - same phone # for everyone RRS feed

• Question

• For internal Skype for business, Is there away if a company has all the same phone # for each person when a person calls into a conference call meeting to tell who the person is or how to extinguish who the caller is?. The setup shows each persons phone because we only have one phone # for everyone. This is the way call id shows and is setup.  We need to be able to see who the caller is when they call in instead of seeing all the same phone #'s.

Thank you

Sunday, October 23, 2016 1:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Dude,

First of all I didn't understanding your question completely.

My understanding is like this, Org1 has S4B deployed, People from Org2 need to join a conf hosted on Org1. If any person from Org2 calls the Conf join DID no, same number is showing up as same number since Org2 Telephony is designed like that.

If this is your case, I dont think you can do anything on this. Best workaround would be joining meeting from web app or Lync client where you can provide a guest name.

If the user joins from Org1, he can use his extension and pin to authenticate, so that the conferencing window would show users Display name instead of number.

In WebEx conference I have noticed an option to sync dial in phone call with PC webex client, where you would have a name by dialing few digits displayed on screen. I dont think that feature is available in Lync.

If my understanding is wrong please correct me and lets think about a solution.

MvH

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Monday, October 24, 2016 9:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by jim-xu Monday, November 7, 2016 1:49 AM
    Monday, October 24, 2016 9:15 AM