Issue in File association in CMTrace tool RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am trying to sequence CMTrace tool. During monitoring phase I have associated .Log file to open by default opening under CMTrace tool. I checked virtual registry as well and found log association there. But when I install appv file on appv client machine on first launch it says do you want to associate log file to CMTrace. Simultaneously what I can see that log file were already associated with CMTrace.  Then why this pop up is coming on first launch on each new user. I found appv association are enabled in deployment config XML as well as in userconfig.xml.

Please help me on this with your suggestions

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 4:34 AM

All replies

• In order to stop the pop-up from occurring, you have to set the following key.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Trace32]

"Register File Types"="1" 

• Proposed as answer by Roy Essers Wednesday, February 1, 2017 9:42 PM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2017 7:42 PM

• I tried to add this registry in XML but I can see pop-up at first launch. Any other way to achieve it

Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:16 AM
  • If you have sequenced and associated the log file as default, the above registry key should also be captured in the package itself. I can confirm it because I tested it by creating a test package and see that the above registry is also captured. Also tried creating a manual key in HKCU with the above setting. It didn't work either. Even tried exporting the FTA registry keys manually and registered it in the local machine and pointed to the virtual C:\programdata\Microsoft\Appv\.....\CMTrace location. Even then it prompted again. After few clicks launching again and again, it seems to work. Guessing now its time to procmon where it really wants the registry key to be as I have manually registered the keys too.

(Please click on Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, if it has helped you.)

MVP - Windows and Devices for IT

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 2, 2017 11:30 AM
  • Thanks for investigating this Vigneshwaran! 
    Friday, February 3, 2017 4:38 PM