Mobile Devices & Active Sync RRS feed

• Question

• Good day,

We have a client which just upgraded from a POP Linux email server to Exchange 2016 on-site mail server.

After all configuration and migration was done the client was not happy how their workstations & mobile devices were integrated. If they delete a mail of the phone they still want the mail on their workstations Outlook.

Now I know this is possible with setting up the mailboxes as POP accounts but that is going backwards in my opinion.

Is there any other way this can be done? The requirement is that a user can delete a mail of the phone but not from the exchange?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Rudi

• Edited by RudiUPit Monday, February 22, 2016 8:54 AM
    Monday, February 22, 2016 8:50 AM

Answers

• Hi Rudi,

Welcome to technical forum.

As I am knowledge, by default, you just configure it using POP to achieve your requirement. If you configure this account with Exchange type or IMAP type in mobile side, the mobile client will be synced to Exchange server, then to their workstations (for example outlook client).

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Wednesday, March 2, 2016 9:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by jim-xu Thursday, March 3, 2016 1:26 AM
    Tuesday, February 23, 2016 3:09 AM