none
View download RRS feed

• Question

• This view and manage your downloads box keeps popping up with things I have downloaded in the past years to my computer. The problem is it states run or save and neither option works. I cannot open up skype, spotify, my driver up feature, chrome, and everything that I have from the past. This morning when I opened up internet explorer it opened up 50 windows. I pretty much cannot use my computer. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THIS. THIS IS CRAZY. TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS.

Thursday, May 19, 2016 12:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Sista40d,

Did you try to logon with a new account? Also we could try run “sfc /scannow” to check the health of the system files. If it doesn’t work, I suggest that we could start in safe mode with networking to see the results

and remove all add-ons, clear catch, scan virus. Also we could reinstall the IE.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, May 20, 2016 9:17 AM
  • This view and manage your downloads box keeps popping up with things I have downloaded in the past years to my computer. The problem is it states run or save and neither option works. I cannot open up skype, spotify, my driver up feature, chrome, and everything that I have from the past. This morning when I opened up internet explorer it opened up 50 windows. I pretty much cannot use my computer. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THIS. THIS IS CRAZY. TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS.

Hi, are you using a windows10 laptop with a touch pad?

IF so turn of multi-finger gestures and/or check for windows updates. (Tools>Windows updates).

You might also have a mouse gesture Addon installed. The first step in troubleshooting web browser issues is to test in no Addons mode... Start>Run>iexplore.exe -extoff [url]

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Monday, May 23, 2016 2:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Sista40d,

Did you try to logon with a new account? Also we could try run “sfc /scannow” to check the health of the system files. If it doesn’t work, I suggest that we could start in safe mode with networking to see the results

and remove all add-ons, clear catch, scan virus. Also we could reinstall the IE.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, May 20, 2016 9:17 AM

Hi, are you using a windows10 laptop with a touch pad?

IF so turn of multi-finger gestures and/or check for windows updates. (Tools>Windows updates).

You might also have a mouse gesture Addon installed. The first step in troubleshooting web browser issues is to test in no Addons mode... Start>Run>iexplore.exe -extoff [url]

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Monday, May 23, 2016 2:05 AM