Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all, we have a user provisioning script that runs as a scheduled task daily. This script connects to MSOL and EXO and performs tasks.  This has been running for a couple of years now with no issues. Now we want to add a SFB task to this script. Here is the issue, when the script runs this line,

$SessionSFB = New-CsOnlineSession -Credential $Cred

this error is returned.

Get-CsWebTicket : Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
    At C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2013\Modules\LyncOnlineConnector\LyncOnlineConnectorStartup.psm1:105 char:18
    +     $webticket = Get-CsWebTicket -TargetServer $TargetServer -Credential $Creden ...
    +                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-CsWebTicket], OverflowException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.OverflowException,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.LyncOnlineConnector.GetWebTicketCmdlet

This scheduled script is running on a Windows 2012 R2 server.  Here is the strange part: 

I can RDP into this server with my account, open PS ISE and this script, input the Script user credentials into $Cred, and can open the SFB session, no error.  In the same RDP session, I can open another PS ISE window as the Script user, input the Script user credentials into $Cred, and get the above error trying to open the SFB session.
    From my desktop (Windows 8.1), I can open PS ISE as my account or the Script user and get no errors opening the SFB session.
    I've tried this in PS and PS ISE and get the same error in both.  The Script user is a local admin on the server.

Thanks for your attention!

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 4:15 PM

Answers

• Hello Leon, as suspected, adding the SIP address did not help. I was able to resolve this issue though.  After trying several things with user profile on that server and still not fixing the problem, I just deleted the user profile. I logged back in with that account and created a new profile. Now I am able to create a new SFB session with that account. I was hoping to find the actual problem, but we may never know.

Thanks!

• Marked as answer by Jason Cramsey Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:50 PM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Jason,

Did you enable the MFA on your account,this will prevent your from using powershell Workaround is to utilize app passwords, or disable MFA to connect to PowerShell. 

utilize app passwords: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/multi-factor-authentication/end-user/multi-factor-authentication-end-user-manage-settings

similar link:http://blog.chrislehr.com/2014/12/lync-online-powershell-issues-and.html

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, March 8, 2018 9:26 AM
  • Hello Leon, unfortunately not, I had previously found that blog post also.  MFA is not currently enabled for this account. 

Thanks

Thursday, March 8, 2018 10:41 PM
  • Hi Jason,

if you use skype for business hybrid environment,

Have you assisted with enabling shared sip address for this account?

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 12, 2018 12:27 PM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 10:25 AM
  • Hello Leon, thanks for your continued assistance.  We do not have a hybrid environment.  Only Skype for Business Online in Office 365 tenant.  As I mentioned, this same account works fine from my desktop, so I do not think it is the SIP address.  I went ahead and added the SIP to the account.  I will let you know if that makes a difference.

Last week I tried connecting with this account from two other computers and both were successful.  So I've been concentrating on what could be different with the profile on the server.

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 8:19 PM
  • Hello Leon, as suspected, adding the SIP address did not help. I was able to resolve this issue though.  After trying several things with user profile on that server and still not fixing the problem, I just deleted the user profile. I logged back in with that account and created a new profile. Now I am able to create a new SFB session with that account. I was hoping to find the actual problem, but we may never know.

Thanks!

• Marked as answer by Jason Cramsey Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:50 PM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:50 PM
  • Thanks for your sharing.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:47 AM