Possible to decline a singe update within an windows 10 update? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i would like to ask and know, if its possible to decline or uninstall an single KB within an Windows 10 cumulative update? Maybe one KB makes some trouble and has to be uninstalled for an productive environment, then the current action is to uninstall the whole cumu-patch?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Monday, May 23, 2016 11:14 AM

Answers

• Hi,

i would like to ask and know, if its possible to decline or uninstall an single KB within an Windows 10 cumulative update? Maybe one KB makes some trouble and has to be uninstalled for an productive environment, then the current action is to uninstall the whole cumu-patch?

Thanks in advance

Regards

No.  In fact, the cumulative update is represented by a single KB, so there is no smaller unit for you to decline or uninstall.  If you desire to roll back after installing a cumulative update, then you must uninstall the entire package.  The increase in risk is not lost on us, and the Windows servicing team is committed to ensuring that a combination of high quality and fast response make the "uninstall everything" scenario a rarity for you.
    Tuesday, May 24, 2016 1:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks in advance

Regards

No.  In fact, the cumulative update is represented by a single KB, so there is no smaller unit for you to decline or uninstall.  If you desire to roll back after installing a cumulative update, then you must uninstall the entire package.  The increase in risk is not lost on us, and the Windows servicing team is committed to ensuring that a combination of high quality and fast response make the "uninstall everything" scenario a rarity for you.
    Tuesday, May 24, 2016 1:53 AM
  • Hi EliWallic,

According to your description, you suspect specific KB in cumulative update makes trouble. And you want to block it from the cumulative update.

1. As far as I know, we cannot block a specific KB in cumulative updates, because they are packaged together.

2. Since KBs in cumulative updates have been tested and verified to be stable for system or specific issue, so, it is less likely to cause problems.

3. If you want to uninstall specific KB, you may check "installed updates" on client, find to KB number, then uninstall it.

(Didn't notice it had already been marked, then this reply just for additional reference:))

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 2:30 AM
  • OK thanks :)
    Tuesday, May 24, 2016 4:59 AM