How do I exclude System Volume Information? RRS feed

• Question

• I have been asked by Microsoft to make sure I am excluding the System Volume Information. What should the exclusion look like in forefront? 
    Friday, October 17, 2008 5:22 PM

All replies

• c:\system volume information

Or the proper drive letter in your case whatever that happens to be.  Is this an issue with backup throughput performance or do you have the case# you currently have open with us?  Thanks
    kfalde
    Friday, October 17, 2008 10:17 PM
  • The case number is:

Microsoft Case# SRX081010600285

The issue is with File server performance. We are have the server freeze up for a few seconds and stop sharing files everday around the same time.

Monday, October 20, 2008 12:16 PM
  • Is there a way to wildcard the drive so it excludes it on any drive it finds it on?
    Monday, October 20, 2008 1:47 PM
  • Sorry we do not have a method to wildcard the Drive letter in exclusions.
    kfalde
    Monday, October 20, 2008 3:11 PM
  • Looks like it was the periodic SSA scanning that was causing my problem. As soon as I disabled it the problem went away.
    Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:53 PM
  • Well good to know that this fixed your issue.  I tend to recommend that my customers run SSA scans as infrequently as possible unless you are actively changing security settings in your environment.  It's sort of like MBSA scans of the system and hopefully the items in there shouldn't change that often unless you're actively doing things to your workstations.  I have seen quite a few customers that disable them and every month or so enable it for a few days to get updated statistics and then disable it again.
    kfalde
    Tuesday, October 21, 2008 2:26 PM