none
trying to install new program under steadystate RRS feed

• Question

• hi we have developed new program... when we install it under the admin user it all works fine but when we open the limited user it starts the installation then it fails and give an error about digital signature...

any idea what we are doing wrong ?

(the program is developed with c# and .net framework)

thanks

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 6:50 AM

Answers

• The first thing I would do is logon as user with admin rights so you are not affected by the Windows Steady State. I would look through the restricted user (created through Windows Steady State) settings. Check places such as the Block Programs tab and be sure that your newly developed program, or any other application that may be required for your program to run, isn't being blocked.

If you're still having any issues, go back into the user settings > Windows Restrictions and Feature Restrictions and change the restiction level to no restrictions . Be sure to note what settings you currently use so you can set them back to whatever restriction level you were using before. Also make sure the user has temporary rights to install a program.

Try to install the program as this user now. After it is successful, log back on as the user with admin rights and re-configure the "restricted user" to the level of restrictions you were using before.

I hope this helps!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 12:42 PM