Blue Screen Error RRS feed

• Question

• Basically I got this about a week after i built my PC. It then came on and off but today it won't last 15 minutes running in normal mode.

I made a zip file of all the minidumps (although I think some of the earliest ones aren't in there anymore).

The link is here.

Also, I am re-installing windows 7, I am a bit fed up maybe that helps, but if there is something wrong with the drivers maybe you can find it and I can do it better next time round. 

http://cid-21eb00476df43a4f.office.live.com/self.aspx/Minidump/Minidump.7z

I would greatly appreciate any help. 

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 3:11 PM

Answers

• Bug Check 0xA0: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR - This bug check indicates that the power policy manager experienced a fatal error.

Arg1: 000000000000000b, The hibernation file is too small.

Your system wanted to go to the hybrid sleep and wanted to write the data in the RAM to your hibernation files, but this fails. Windows 7 uses by default a hibernation file which is 75% of the RAM size.

So run  POWERCFG -H -Size 100 (from a command prompt with admin rights) to set the hibernation file to 100% of the RAM size.

This should fix this issue.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:05 AM
    Friday, October 29, 2010 10:16 PM

All replies

• I checked a few dumps and you always have Pool_Corruption .

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
    The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request.
    This may or may not be due to the caller.

Arguments:
    Arg1: 0000000000000003, the pool freelist is corrupt.
    Arg2: fffffa8005177680, the pool entry being checked.
    Arg3: fffffa8005177680, the read back flink freelist value (should be the same as 2).
    Arg4: fffffa8005177688, the read back blink freelist value (should be the same as 2).

fffff880`09f15400 fffff880`0197b8a7 : fffffa80`06d29a10 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`07fff0c0 : fltmgr!FltGetFileNameInformation+0x184
    avgmfx64 +0x18a7
    fltmgr!FltpPerformPreCallbacks+0x2f7
    fltmgr!FltpPassThroughInternal+0x4a
    fltmgr!FltpCreate+0x293
    AVGIDSFilter +0x5500

MODULE_NAME: Pool_Corruption

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x19_3_nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a56

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x19_3_nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a56

Followup: Pool_corruption

start             end                 module name
    fffff880`0197a000 fffff880`01989000   avgmfx64 T (no symbols)          
        Loaded symbol image file: avgmfx64.sys
        Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avgmfx64.sys
        Image name: avgmfx64.sys
        Timestamp:        Tue Sep 07 02:49:14 2010

For me this looks like a RAM issue. So test your RAM with memtest86+ for errors. If it detects errors replace the faulty RAM module.

André

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 3:37 PM
  • The funny thing is all 3 red lights on ram are on, and memtest came back without error. 

But I remember when I put in the ram modules (3 of them) 1 was more difficult

Edit: I did the memtest a week ago, I think the day after I started getting the blue screens for the first time. 

• Edited by 111danny111 Wednesday, October 27, 2010 4:05 PM
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 3:59 PM
  • Also right now I have a bigger problem. As I said I installed windows again or tried to, I like quick fixes. But the DVD seems to have been corrupt because it says when I tried to install, installation cancelled because some file was missing or corrupt. 

I do have a download ISO version (downloading atm). I also am (at the hint of a friend) going to install Linux to see if the hard drive is okay. If that works, I will install Windows XP (the windows 7 is an upgrade so I think I need the XP on it before anyway) and see how that works. 

What do you suggests that once I have XP on it and the windows 7 ISO on a disc, what should I do about the RAM? Just install windows 7 and run the RAM test again?

Thanks for the help! 

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 4:04 PM
  • Sorry for spamming I am just mega depressed about (I get worked up about things easily) because you know I said windows 7 failed installation. 

Well now XP did it's thing, extracted files and during installation (i didn see i was watching my laptop screen) rebooted - and then took me to the installation process from scratch again! It recognised the OS (or some of it on the partition) but cudn repair it I could just install and it recommended not installing 2 OS on one partition. But when I change BIOS boot to normal (not CD) it doesnt find the first OS and just keeps restarting.

I'm just desperate and sharing helps. I don't expect a solution, but maybe just some reassurance. 

Thanks

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 4:48 PM
  • If XP fails too it only shows that you have an hardware issue.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 11:03 PM
  • Hey, I managed to install XP in the end, my BIOS booting order was wrong. I have now installed WIndows 7 again. I will post new Minidumo files if the blue screen error occurs again. For now, while on XP I did the memtest and it ran for 40 minutes roughly without error. But I have 6gb and only 3.4gb were recognised so I am running the memtest atm on windows 7. One question I have on the hard drive - atm I have 1 partition created by installing XP - 131 gb - and the rest about 800gb is unallocated. Should I just merge these via administrative tools and disk management? I did this last time but maybe that created some errors? Just hypothesizing really. Thanks for the reply
    Friday, October 29, 2010 3:17 PM
  • OKay I ran the memtest and had it running for about 25 minutes then I went running. 

When I came back, the screen had gone into screen save mode (monitor turned off) and I moved the mouse to activate it. It took about half a minute to activate and it went right to the BSOD.

Here is the link to the zipped minidump:

http://cid-21eb00476df43a4f.office.live.com/self.aspx/Minidump/Minidump29-10-2010.7z

In the meantime I will remove one of the 3 RAMs and run the memtest on the other two, see what happens. 

Friday, October 29, 2010 4:47 PM
  • Bug Check 0xA0: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR - This bug check indicates that the power policy manager experienced a fatal error.

Arg1: 000000000000000b, The hibernation file is too small.

Your system wanted to go to the hybrid sleep and wanted to write the data in the RAM to your hibernation files, but this fails. Windows 7 uses by default a hibernation file which is 75% of the RAM size.

So run  POWERCFG -H -Size 100 (from a command prompt with admin rights) to set the hibernation file to 100% of the RAM size.

This should fix this issue.

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:05 AM
    Friday, October 29, 2010 10:16 PM