none
Filter on Project Center (Online) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to set a filter in a Project Center view: I'm testing on an ECF at project level: "Project Status".

This field has a look up table with the values "Accepted" "Started" "Finished".

But before I enter any value, it displays the red cross error, while the same filter on the Name keeps the green check.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

• Edited by WLID1966 Thursday, May 5, 2016 9:06 PM
    Thursday, May 5, 2016 8:33 PM

Answers

• HI WLID1966,

You are correct, I am also getting the similar kind of issue, but it was working fine earlier. Because some cases the value will be NULL only.

Work Around:

When I gave a value and click on "Ok" it is giving error message. So I clicked "Ok" without giving any value, it accept it without any error. Then again edit the custom filter in the Project View, Now I am seeing "tick" mark and valid. Now it is allowing me to edit the filter with values.

And it is working for only one filter :(

Hope this helps you.

-SNKBalaji

• Edited by SNKBALAJI Monday, May 9, 2016 4:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by WLID1966 Sunday, May 22, 2016 4:46 PM
    Monday, May 9, 2016 4:56 PM
  • ECFs with a lookup table have to use the equals test or not equals test - it will not work with contains, starts with, does not contain tests. 

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

• Proposed as answer by Erik van Hurck Wednesday, May 11, 2016 5:18 AM
    Monday, May 9, 2016 5:48 PM

All replies

• HI WLID1966,

You are correct, I am also getting the similar kind of issue, but it was working fine earlier. Because some cases the value will be NULL only.

Work Around:

When I gave a value and click on "Ok" it is giving error message. So I clicked "Ok" without giving any value, it accept it without any error. Then again edit the custom filter in the Project View, Now I am seeing "tick" mark and valid. Now it is allowing me to edit the filter with values.

And it is working for only one filter :(

Hope this helps you.

-SNKBalaji

• Edited by SNKBALAJI Monday, May 9, 2016 4:58 PM
    Monday, May 9, 2016 4:56 PM
  • ECFs with a lookup table have to use the equals test or not equals test - it will not work with contains, starts with, does not contain tests. 

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

• Proposed as answer by Erik van Hurck Wednesday, May 11, 2016 5:18 AM
    Monday, May 9, 2016 5:48 PM
  • Hi there,

I'm using Project Online in my organization and I'm having the opposite issue. "Contain" is the only test I can use on an ECF with a lookup table. Everything else gives me an error. Does anyone else experience this?

I'm using Office 365.

Thanks for the help!

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:14 PM
  • Hi Taymoo,

No, I cannot duplicate this.  Please note mine is a Project level text ECF. Please see screen shot.  Office 365 :)

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 9:47 AM
  • Hi Ben - Thanks for responding! That's interesting. I tried the filters on a couple different fields and I'm getting mixed behaviors. The Supplier - Design field will only accept "contains" and the Project State field will not accept "contains." Both are using a lookup table that is text based.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 2:35 PM
  • It is interesting that you say that you are able to use 'contains' for some fields, as I always get an error when I use it. I therefore agree with Ben Howard's comment above.

Which fields did you say that you have been able to sue with 'contains"?

Monday, November 20, 2017 9:56 AM