none
Mails are getting que

Question

• Hello,

I have an Exchange server in my workplace. from past 2 days, Mails are sending very slow (External & Internal). Mails are queuing in the mail que. But after 1-2 Mins mails are sending. Sometime Que shows  432 4.3.2 STOREDRV.Storage; mailbox server is too busy error in from of messages in que. Can anyone tell me what can be the cause this is very urgent to resolve.

Thank you

Ashane

Ashane Deshapriya ( MCSA - Windows Server 2012 )

Monday, April 24, 2017 7:00 AM

All replies

• Also these errors showing when I double click the messages in the Que.

STOREDRV.Storage; mailbox server is too busy; STOREDRV.Deliver.Exception:StorageTransientException.MapiExceptionRpcServerTooBusy; Failed to process message due to a transient exception with message Cannot open mailbox /o=MyOrganisation/ou=Exchange Administrative Group 

Thank you

Monday, April 24, 2017 7:08 AM
  • Can you please check that your server has enough resources (CPU,memory and free space on harddrive).

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Monday, April 24, 2017 1:12 PM
  • Hi, I recomend that you star a perfmon and check for performance issues, memory or disk

Regards

Monday, April 24, 2017 3:57 PM
  • Hi there,

Actually there's no any performance issue. But we have only a 1 server for our company. Database partition have about 60 GB space free.

Thank you

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 3:31 AM
  • Recently I had a similar case.
    It showed up it was the antivirus on the server.
    There was no indication that it was the antivirus, but Microsoft asked me to uninstall the antivirus and restart the server.

So it might be worth a try.

BR
    Steen

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 5:30 AM
  • I'm using Kaspersky Antivirus for the Exchange and Temporary I Disabled the antivirus but no luck.

Thank you

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 6:50 AM
  • Hello Ashane,

To narrow down your issue, I want to confirm:
    1. How many DB in your environment, and mailbox per DB?
    2. Is there any relevant event log about mailbox database, for example: 2137, 166, 2156, 1006, 4009?
    3. Does this issue only occurs on some special recipients, or special database?

We can run below command to double check the high message count and NextHopDomain:
    Get-TransportServer | Get-Queue

Base on my research, this issue may be cause by database corrupted.
    We can use below command to repair database:
    New-MailboxRepairRequest -Database <DB Name>  -CorruptionType ProvisionedFolder,SearchFolder,AggregateCounts,Folderview

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 10:29 AM
  • Hello Allen,

1. Only 1 DB and 270 Mailboxes.

2. These Event IDs are appearing. (1121, 1006, 36888, 6002, 1040, 1344, 12015, 2004)

3. This issue is appearing to all recipients.

* As you mentioned, If I run New-MailboxRepirRequest Command, Will recipients mailbox data be lost?? What is cause? 

Waiting for your reply

Thank you

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 12:13 PM
  • Hi Allen,

Any solution?

Thank you

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 3:59 AM
  • No, there's no effect to mailbox data.
    It's safe to run this command to repair mailbox, also you can check the event log to view the status of it.

Since this's only one mailbox database, I recommend to create a new one to split mailbox.
    Thus, we can move mailbox to new DB and check the results.

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 6:35 AM
  • HI,

1) check your server performance, CPU,Memory Usage, disk utilization

2) set performance counter and Check the I/O of disk

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 6:58 AM
  • Allen,

Can you please tell me, can I run these repairing command while mails are sending and receiving?

Thank you

Friday, April 28, 2017 11:43 AM
  • Dear Allen,

I'm waiting for your answer.

Thank you

Sunday, April 30, 2017 3:23 AM
  • Dear Allen, 

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:41 AM
  • Sorry for delay.

While repair task is running, mailbox access is disrupted only for the mailbox being repaired. If you're running this command against a database, only the mailbox being repaired is disrupted. All other mailboxes on the database remain operational.

However, the mail flow with this repairing mailbox is fine.

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

Monday, May 8, 2017 6:46 AM