none
DPM has detected a discontinuity in the log chain for Exchange RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a number of DPM deployments and recently two of these have started resulting in the above error.  Both of these networks only use DPM and do not have any other backups scheduled.  Does anyone have any advice on this particular issue.

Thanks,

Alastair

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I have temporarily resolved this by removing the synchronization and setting this to only synchronize before the recovery point and now do not receive the error message.  Not sure what this suggests as the customer is question did not have any other backup solution on their servers.

I will investigate this further and post if I find anything else.

Alastair

• Marked as answer by AHoey Friday, August 3, 2012 6:53 AM
    Friday, August 3, 2012 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Alastair,

Which version of Exchange ? 2010 (DAG) ? 2007 ? ...

This error can occur when you use Windows Server Backup/Third-party software to create backups of a volume that is protected by DPM, which can truncate the Exchange Server or SQL Server logs. Could you verify that point ?

Stephane

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 8:25 AM
  • Hi,

I have temporarily resolved this by removing the synchronization and setting this to only synchronize before the recovery point and now do not receive the error message.  Not sure what this suggests as the customer is question did not have any other backup solution on their servers.

I will investigate this further and post if I find anything else.

Alastair

• Marked as answer by AHoey Friday, August 3, 2012 6:53 AM
    Friday, August 3, 2012 6:52 AM