The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e RRS feed

• Question

• I reinstalled my windows 10 operating system in early October followed by other softer ie: SQL, Visual Studio, and other non Microsoft products which I have used for years. This error is generally preceded by an EventLog error The previous system shutdown at ... was unexpected. This first start not long after the operating system re-install but was occurring several days apart which I attributed to automatic updates. For the past 3 days it has been happening 3 or 4 times a day. In reviewing the logs I noted several different system errors along with security and applications errors. I'm not a systems expert but there seem to be too many too frequently for a healthy system. Are there any Microsoft approved programs that can check for system problems? I seen programs on the internet but I'm hesitant to run unknown software to fix anything.

Thanks

Chuck

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 1:09 PM

All replies

• Hi efsPelican.

The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (0x0000007E) bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
    In order to find the cause of this problem, it is necessary to analyze the DMP files created by Windows at the bug check time: upload it to your OneDrive, make it publicly accessible and post the URL here, so we can analyze it and try to suggest you a solution.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Saturday, February 11, 2017 6:49 PM