Print Management & GPO RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I took over the GPO management role for the 36 building campus. We have computer labs all over with printers mapped via GPO. I have been pretty efficient at creating a GPO then going to the on-site server for that building and deploying the printer via the Print Management tool & GPO that I just created. I also go to local servers to remove printers that have been deployed in this manner and remove them from the GPO using the same method.

Here is my question:

I was alerted to a number of computer labs in one building that recently swapped out the local server on that site. The old server was XX-1-S the new server is XX1. The problem I have is that the old server is gone and the GPO still points those devices in that OU at it. So I can't go to the new server to just remove that printer from the GPO.

Is my only recourse to just delete all of the GPOs for this building and recreate them without the old UNC path to an non-existent server & printer?

As far as I can tell I am unable to edit the Printer Connections in the GPO from the GPO its self. I always use the Print Management tool to link and unlink the UNC path to the GPO.

Any suggestions?

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 6:19 PM

Answers

All replies