Using Unassigned Number for Forwarding - client toast popups & caller ID’s RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All – My first posting J

We are using Lync 2013 server with enterprise voice and are using the unassigned number facility to forward inbound calls to both Lync users and sometimes to bounce back out to an external number.

Is there any way to preserve caller ID history for original inbound call or is this not possible?

Basically when an external call is received and forwarded to another Lync user the Lync user receives a popup toast stating the call is from RTC announcement service which can confuse users. It would be great to replace this with the original caller’s caller ID. Anyone know if that is possible (can’t see anything on the PowerShell options to allow this).

Also would be looking to try and bounce some calls back out to another PSTN number, and it would be great to then also pass on the CallerID history if it’s been unassigned number forwarded by announcement service, but I guess that it would be dependent on the answer to my question.

If I find an answer I’ll post back too (so far doesn’t look like can do this).

Thanks in advance

Karl

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 4:05 PM

Answers

• I think its by design 

Basically when an external call is received and forwarded to another Lync user the Lync user receives a popup toast stating the call is from RTC announcement service that because the call is forwarded to defined Announcements 

It is also possible to have the unassigned number handled by a Exchange Unified Messaging (UM) Auto Attendant 

Though I have never managed to test not sure what caller id that will will show 

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click ;Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer" Regards Edwin Anthony Joseph

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 4:35 PM