locked
SCCM 2012 Clients not able to find MP or Refresh the Site Code RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am having trouble with my clients detecting the MP and retrieving a Site Code. I currently have an SCCM 2007 Site still in my environment. My SCCM 2012 clients will only see the OLD SCCM 2007 mp ( highlighted in the logs). I tried using the MSI setup parameters to see if I could force them to find the correct MP at install and still no luck!

    LocationServices.log

    <![LOG[Failed to retrieve DNS service record using _mssms_mp_hns._tcp.nyc16w22.hsbgroup.com lookup. DNS returned error 9003]LOG]!><time="12:40:06.087+240" date="05-22-2012" component="LocationServices" context="" type="2" thread="8360" file="lsad.cpp:2845">

    <![LOG[No lookup MP(s) from DNS]LOG]!><time="12:40:06.087+240" date="05-22-2012" component="LocationServices" context="" type="1" thread="8360" file="lsad.cpp:1995">

    <![LOG[Refreshing the Management Point List for site MSG]LOG]!><time="12:40:06.156+240" date="05-22-2012" component="LocationServices" context="" type="1" thread="8360" file="lssecurity.cpp:977">

    <![LOG[Retrieved management point encryption info from AD.]LOG]!><time="12:40:06.301+240" date="05-22-2012" component="LocationServices" context="" type="1" thread="8360" file="lssecurity.cpp:3445">

    <![LOG[Policy disallows failing over to WINS.]LOG]!><time="12:40:06.308+240" date="05-22-2012" component="LocationServices" context="" type="2" thread="8360" file="lssecurity.cpp:3462">

    <![LOG[Refreshing trusted key information]LOG]!><time="12:40:06.309+240" date="05-22-2012" component="LocationServices" context="" type="1" thread="8360" file="lssecurity.cpp:1039">

    <![LOG[Refreshing Root Site Code from AD]LOG]!><time="12:40:06.309+240" date="05-22-2012" component="LocationServices" context="" type="1" thread="8360" file="lsad.cpp:4409">

    <![LOG[Client is not assigned to a site. Cannot get Root Site Code.]LOG]!><time="12:40:06.313+240" date="05-22-2012" component="LocationServices" context="" type="2" thread="8360" file="lsad.cpp:4416">

    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:48 PM

Answers

  • since the clients only see the 2007 server, I'm assuming you haven't published the 2012 server in the System Management container yet?
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:56 AM

All replies

  • Are you using the RESETKEYINFORMATION=TRUE and SMSSITECODE=<New Site Code> parameters in your client install command line?
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:30 PM
  • since the clients only see the 2007 server, I'm assuming you haven't published the 2012 server in the System Management container yet?
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:56 AM
  • Hi All,

    I am having the same issue in few of my clients. We have sccm 2007 environment for set of clients and SCCM 2012 environment for set of clients. Few clients are throwing this error and not finding and getting assigned with proper management point. Can anyone advise on this issue.

    I could see this error in locationservices.log when the client try to retrive defauly management point.

    The logs are,

    Attempting to retrieve default management points from DNS

    Failed to retrieve DNS service record using _mssms_mp_dbn._tcp.vcn.ds.volvo.net lookup. DNS returned error 9003

    No lookup MP(s) from DNS

    Policy prevents failover to WINS for lookup

    Attempting to retrieve site information from lookup MP(s) via HTTP

    LSGetSiteInformationFromManagementPoint('XXX'): Assignment Site Code [], Version [], Capabilities [], Client Operational Settings [].

    LSIsSiteCompatible : Failed to get Site Version from all directories

    Won't send a client assignment fallback status point message because the last assignment error matches this one.

    The SCCM client installation is going through without any issues. But when I open configuration client from control panel, there is no management point assigned and there is no certificate signed. Can some one share your views at the earliest please.


    Best Regards, Sukandha


    • Edited by Sukandha Wednesday, July 16, 2014 5:05 AM
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 4:42 AM
  • There's no need for auto-assignment if there's just a single ConfigMgr site. Just assign the clients to that (CM07 or CM12) site.
    It's most likely a boundary/group thing (for site assignment) if it does not work.


    Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:22 AM
  • Check the value of the "Assigned site code" which is under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SMS\Mobile Client. If it is point to your old environment. Try to rename the registry "SMS", do a clean uninstllation of client and reinstall the client. It might get the new environment site details.

    Best Regards, Sukandha

    Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:52 AM