User Profile issue in Windows server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have on server which is windows server 2012R2 and i had install Dell Open Manage Essential Application on that server 

when i login on that server with domain administrator credentials when the server start and i access the files or etc i got an error

so how can i solve this issue........Help 

Friday, January 8, 2016 7:16 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

It looks like the default location of your desktop has got modified.

Open the registry and navigate to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders, what is the value for Desktop?

Thanks,

Marcus

Friday, January 8, 2016 10:36 AM
  • Hi,
    I suggest you temporarily disable the third party programs and boot in Clean Boot and Safe Mode to test the issue.
    If everything works fine after a clean boot, you could infer that the third party services are causing the problem.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 9:15 AM
  • Hi Pawar.Akshay,

I had the similar problem with the one of my Windows Server 2012R2 servers - strictly speaking the server was complaining about the whole profile, not just the Desktop. I could not find the root of the problem at that time, but when I later added more RAM to this server the problem has gone immediatly.

Regards,

Michael

• Edited by MF47 Tuesday, January 19, 2016 12:38 PM
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 10:36 AM