Sharepoint 2010 Integration with SSRS RRS feed

• Question

• When you install SSRS as sharepoint 2010 integrated are then able to create reports using data (lists) from sharepoint?   Currently I use access/excel to make more advanced SSRS type reports with logic.   I know you can do it directly on Sharepoint with VS, but I just need quick and dirty ways to do it that I can teach to others quickly.

Thanks!

Friday, December 3, 2010 10:46 PM

Answers

• Yes, in my opinion the best tool for rapid report development is Reporting Builder 3.0 which comes with SQL Server 2008 R2, and here you can report against SharePoint lists (and against other datasources of course).
    • Marked as answer by AndyFM Monday, December 6, 2010 5:28 PM
    Saturday, December 4, 2010 1:02 PM

All replies

•   If you are using SQL server 2008 R2 or SQL Server 2005,  you should be able to create reports using ReportBuilder (A client tool that you can clickonce install from your sharepoint server if you allow it from Admin site) - you are able to create data sources pointing to databases,  web services,  REST endpoints etc.    

• Proposed as answer by LuisRH Friday, December 3, 2010 11:35 PM
    Friday, December 3, 2010 11:35 PM
  • Yes, in my opinion the best tool for rapid report development is Reporting Builder 3.0 which comes with SQL Server 2008 R2, and here you can report against SharePoint lists (and against other datasources of course).
    • Marked as answer by AndyFM Monday, December 6, 2010 5:28 PM
    Saturday, December 4, 2010 1:02 PM