Misconfig after adding Host to NLB cluster. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I have a NLB cluster up and running with 3 server inside.

Problem happen when i add in a new Host into the same NLB cluster.

After runing the wizard for adding a new host, the status of the New Server - yellow with a exclamation mark and misconfig reported.

The rest of server in the NLB turn to yellow instate of Green icon, user complain they are not able to access to the servers.

What could have went wrong??? Server Firewall has been disable, able to ping to all 3 server and NLB name.

What is the max host can be added into a NLB cluster???

Thanks.

Simon Hoo

Friday, March 30, 2012 10:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• What is the max host can be added into a NLB cluster??? --> As per this thread it is 32.

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer
    alamnaushad.wordpress.com
    My new TechNet Wiki "BizTalk Server: Performance Tuning & Optimization"

Friday, March 30, 2012 10:18 AM
  • Hi Nashad,

Thanks for the reply.

Any ideas or pointer for the problem i'm facing...

Thanks.

Simon Hoo

Friday, March 30, 2012 10:24 AM
  • Make sure that these machines are able to ping each other. Are you using the same subnet mask on all the machines? Better would be to go through this post and verify the steps on your machine.

Please mark the post answered your question as answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, it'll help other users who are visiting your thread for the similar problem, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitt-sharma.blogspot.com/)

Friday, March 30, 2012 10:37 AM
  • Check if they are in same subnet. I would seek help from my Windows Admin and Network Admin in this case.

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Friday, March 30, 2012 10:38 AM
  • Yes, did check on the Subnet and gateway, compare it with the working Server in the NLB cluster. All correct.

Which is the funny thing cause adding a host into the NLB cluster should not be a "hard" job to complete.

But never expect that issues with the Status as miscinfig..

Thanks.

Simon Hoo

Friday, March 30, 2012 11:44 AM
  • Hi Simon,

Yes true, not a "hard" job. Below are few technet articles, Have a look , might be helpful for you

Upgrading an Existing Network Load Balancing Cluster 

Network Load Balancing

All the best!

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

• Marked as answer by Simonhoo79 Monday, April 2, 2012 5:54 PM
    Friday, March 30, 2012 5:15 PM
  • Hi Nashad,

Successfully added the new host into the NLB cluster, but i have a funny setting in order to make it work.

Not sure you can help on this part.

I have to insert the NLB cluster IP Address into the NIC that i use to join to the NLB.

Right Click on the NIC --> Properties --> select (TCP/IPv4) --> Properties --> Advanced -->

Add in the NLB IP Address under the "IP Address".

But the problem is, after apply the setting, windows pop-out a message --> Duplicate IP Address.

**I have set the IP Address to All the NLB server NIC.

Can this be the cause of the error message??

Thanks.

Simon Hoo

Monday, April 2, 2012 5:36 PM
  • Hi

It's good you have resolved the issue. 

However I am not very sure about your above note. May be worth checking with some Network/Windows Expert. 

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

Monday, April 2, 2012 5:40 PM