none
Transfer Actual Work Hours from One Project to Another Project, but Actual Work remains on original project? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

We received direction to back-out hours charged against the Original project for the past 2 weeks.  We corrected the timesheets for the past 2 weeks, and moved the Actual Work hours from the Original project to the New project.  The timesheet detail report only reflects those hours for the past 2 weeks on the New project.  However, when I look at the Original project, it still shows the Actual Work hours that were transferred.  How do I remove those hours so they are not counted twice?

Julie

Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Julie,

Did you recall the timesheet and enter 0hr against the original project, submitt the timesheet, approve and publish the updates?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Friday, October 30, 2015 8:10 AM
  • Crud. No, I just reassigned the Resources to the new project and zeroed out the Remaining Work hours and set the % Complete to 100 for the old tasks, and the Actual Work hours from the old project were gone from the timesheets. Then, I entered the Actual Work hours into the new tasks to the timesheets (the old project didn't even show up as an option on the timesheets). 

Since the old Actual Work hours are no longer on the timesheets, can I fix the old project so that the Actual Work hours are accurate, or is it too late for that?

Julie

Friday, October 30, 2015 12:26 PM
  • Hi Julie,

The timesheet actuals are stored in a dedicated table in the database. Thus if you just adjust the timesheets, it won't update the project accordingly. Moreover, if you set the the old tasks as completed et remove the remaining work, it won't change anything to the actuals.

Are the actuals forced to come from the timesheet or they can be edited directly in the project plan? Try to insert the old tasks in the timesheet and see if you have some actuals. In this case, recall the timesheet, zero the actuals, submit, approve and publish. Otherwise, set it to 0 directly in the project plan.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Friday, October 30, 2015 1:03 PM
  • Thank you, I'll give that a try.  

Julie

Friday, October 30, 2015 3:24 PM