none
Error 0x8007003B: An unexpected network error occurred. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i got this error on a win 8.1 pro after a total transfered amount of ~41 MB : Error 0x8007003B: An unexpected network error occurred.

- connection via sslvpn using a ntfs share on a dfs in a Domain network as letter-mapped share via gpo.

If i use map networkfolder without a letter, it will work fine also with large files with more than 80 MB
    The symantec endpoint protection was turned of! Same error...

Monday, January 25, 2016 11:51 AM

Answers

• Click Start Menu
    Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
    Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
    Expand Custom Views
    Click Administrative Events
    Right click Administrative Events
    Save all Events in Custom View As...
    Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
    Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
    Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
    Upload the .zip file to skydrive or a file sharing service and put a link to it in your next post * If you have updated to win 8.1 and you get the error message "the system cannot find the file specified" it is a known problem.  The work around is to edit the registry.  If you are not comfortable doing this DONT.  If you are, backup the key before you do Press Win+"R" and input regedit
    Navigate to:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WINEVT\Channels. Delete "Microsoft-Windows-DxpTaskRingtone/Analytic

Monday, January 25, 2016 6:12 PM
  • Hi SUN-DE,

Please disable all protection software including Windows firewall for good measure, check if that is the cause.

Then, visit this website below and download hotfix to test result.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2649905

Besides, as Luciano said, collect event log to see what happened when you transferred files. If it’s convenient to you, share it with us, we are happy to assist you diagnose this problem.

Hope my suggestion can be helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 11:50 AM

All replies

• Click Start Menu
    Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
    Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
    Expand Custom Views
    Click Administrative Events
    Right click Administrative Events
    Save all Events in Custom View As...
    Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
    Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
    Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
    Upload the .zip file to skydrive or a file sharing service and put a link to it in your next post * If you have updated to win 8.1 and you get the error message "the system cannot find the file specified" it is a known problem.  The work around is to edit the registry.  If you are not comfortable doing this DONT.  If you are, backup the key before you do Press Win+"R" and input regedit
    Navigate to:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WINEVT\Channels. Delete "Microsoft-Windows-DxpTaskRingtone/Analytic

Monday, January 25, 2016 6:12 PM
  • Hi SUN-DE,

Please disable all protection software including Windows firewall for good measure, check if that is the cause.

Then, visit this website below and download hotfix to test result.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2649905

Besides, as Luciano said, collect event log to see what happened when you transferred files. If it’s convenient to you, share it with us, we are happy to assist you diagnose this problem.

Hope my suggestion can be helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 11:50 AM
  • Hi,
    Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Monday, February 1, 2016 9:56 AM