VAMT not discovering Office 2010 machines RRS feed

• Question

• We are Using VAMT on a 2012 server. I see the computers under Windows Products.  These computers are running Windows 7 and Office 2010.

Historically, when I ran Update license status, it would detect Windows and Office and report a status.  Now they only report Windows on these specific computers.  None of these devices show up under Office products in VAMT but they are currently activated and licensed.  I'm just not sure how or when the reporting date is. I don't want them to show as unlicensed in a month or 2. These computers are in a computer lab and I was having trouble getting them to report a month or 2 ago.  I have other computers running Windows 7 and Office 2010 and they are reporting successfully.  I only have 21 that are successful though, showing the GVLK product key.  This does not meet the 25 threshold.

Interestingly, 6 of these computers had a fresh install of Office 2010 in Aug 2016 but show "Date of Last License Status" as Sept 2015.  They are showing License Status as Unknown but Genuine  and there is no 'not activated' warning when I open Office on those computers

I was using VMS key for Office 2010 and 2013 but that lead to problems so I am using MAKs for 2013s and I ran the Office 2010 patch on the server.  It appears to have successfully licensed most of the classroom computers last month, after I ran the patch.

I ran the Discover Products and it found everything in AD.  That's not the problem.  Seeing which device has Office is the problem.

All these computers running Office 2010 are reimaged every year. The computers currently running Office 2013 are not.  With the exception of the 6 computers I mentioned above that had a fresh install on each of them after they were imaged.

Friday, December 2, 2016 8:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Kathleen,

WSUS is related with windows update, and based on my understanding, seems your issue is related with Office product license and active. Feel free to correct me if I misunderstand, if my understanding is correct, then, you may turn to Office forum for better help.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 5, 2016 6:29 AM