Refresh Computer Scenario RRS feed

• Question

• hallo guys...i have one big question, when i try to refresh pc using MDT from windows xp sp3(already join domain) to windows 7 x86...its possible to keep the old computer name, coz if the old computer name is replaced, all my GPO in AD, will be failed for this computer name, coz the computer name already replace

thanks before

hasanmu
    Tuesday, September 17, 2013 8:37 PM

Answers

• I had similar issue with :

• You can keep the computer name same, but specify the OU in cs.ini file that has the object
    • you need to add the domain account to cs.ini file. And that account should have domain join access for comp. account.
    • If any of the security setting is missing or OU is not specified properly, the TS will detect an object with same name and wont add it to domain.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Hasan Mustafa Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:18 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:24 AM

All replies

• I had similar issue with :

• You can keep the computer name same, but specify the OU in cs.ini file that has the object
    • you need to add the domain account to cs.ini file. And that account should have domain join access for comp. account.
    • If any of the security setting is missing or OU is not specified properly, the TS will detect an object with same name and wont add it to domain.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Hasan Mustafa Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:18 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:24 AM
  • thanks a lots Arnav
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:18 PM