none
Local Administrator autologin will not continue after installation of rd session host role RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I integrated the april cumultative update KB4093120 (KB4093119 before) into my Server 2016 install.

Now autologin will not work after a step that installs Remote Desktop Session Host Role. I can manually enter the administrator name and then MDT task sequence continues.

This happens if I use the Install Role and Features task and also with the commandline

Install-WindowsFeature -Name  RDS-RD-Server

what would be a good way to workaround this?

regards

Markus

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 2:32 PM

Answers

• Empty local admin password is no longer working. After setting a password it runs again.

it seems that with RD session host a local empty admin password autologin isnt allowed anymore.

• Marked as answer by wehr Monday, April 23, 2018 3:26 PM
    • Edited by wehr Monday, April 23, 2018 3:30 PM
    Monday, April 23, 2018 9:23 AM

All replies

• Empty local admin password is no longer working. After setting a password it runs again.

it seems that with RD session host a local empty admin password autologin isnt allowed anymore.

• Marked as answer by wehr Monday, April 23, 2018 3:26 PM
    • Edited by wehr Monday, April 23, 2018 3:30 PM
    Monday, April 23, 2018 9:23 AM
  • Create a Scheduled Task after that installs to run on Next Startup one time to apply a .reg to put the Autologon info back in the registry.  Run as system acct.  My best guess.
    Monday, April 23, 2018 3:24 PM