none
Restricting one external domain to send email to internal distribution group

Question

• I currently have a internal distribution group which can receive emails from internal user only. How do i configure mail flow so that that distribution group can continue receiving emails from internal senders and one particular external domain
    Monday, April 8, 2019 4:32 PM

All replies

• I currently have a internal distribution group which can receive emails from internal user only. How do i configure mail flow so that that distribution group can continue receiving emails from internal senders and one particular external domain

Allow external users to send to it as well and create a hub transport rule that drops any message from external sent to that group except if sent from that domain

Monday, April 8, 2019 5:07 PM
  • Hi,

As Andy suggested, you can create a transport rule to achieve the goal. Here are the detailed steps:

1. Configure your distribution group to receive external emails. 

2. Create the following transport rule:

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 7:51 AM
  • Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that we can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let us know and we will be happy to help.

Best regards,
    Steve Fan 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, April 12, 2019 9:55 AM