Vista BSOD please help! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all I have VISTA 64 bit home premium

and lately everytime I BOOt up my computer  it will go to windows then crash with bdod . However it only does this on first time start up for day if it is on awhle it will stay up and then when i do shutdown and restard it is normal.

But it does this daily, and I have all updates installed, and using 4 gigs of RAM

I have a screenshot of it http://www.flickr.com/photos/58203272@N02/5349011437/

what could it be and how can i fix it? i tried updateing everything and I also reformated and reinstalled vista

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 5:06 PM

Answers

• Driver problem. Looks like the GPU is at fault.

Inaugurated! That you for your support for my 2010 MVP!

Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Hardcore Games | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:44 PM
  • Hi,

We need the minidump file for further troubleshoot:

1. Click "Start", input "SYSDM.CPL" (without quotation marks) in the Search Bar and press Enter.
    2. Click the "Advanced" tab and click the "Settings" button under "Startup and Recovery".
    3. Under "Write debugging information" section, make sure the "Small Memory Dump (64KB)" option is selected.
    4. Check if "%SystemRoot%\Minidump" is in the "Small Dump Directory" open box.

Please refer to the following steps to collect memory dump files:

1. Please click Start, type "%SystemRoot%\Minidump" (without quotation marks) in the Search Bar.
    2. Go to your Desktop, right-click on it and create a new folder named "Dump".
    3. Copy all the memory dump files (looks like Mini052009-01.dmp) in Minidump to this folder.
    4. Right-click on the Dump folder, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".

You can upload the collected files to SkyDrive, and let me know the URL by replying this thread. For detailed steps on how to upload files with SkyDrive, please refer to:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

The above Windows Live ID is ONLY for collecting troubleshooting information. Please do NOT send your questions to it. For any new questions, please post in the forums so that more MSFT, MVP and community members can help you.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, January 14, 2011 10:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We need the minidump file for further troubleshoot:

1. Click "Start", input "SYSDM.CPL" (without quotation marks) in the Search Bar and press Enter.
    2. Click the "Advanced" tab and click the "Settings" button under "Startup and Recovery".
    3. Under "Write debugging information" section, make sure the "Small Memory Dump (64KB)" option is selected.
    4. Check if "%SystemRoot%\Minidump" is in the "Small Dump Directory" open box.

Please refer to the following steps to collect memory dump files:

1. Please click Start, type "%SystemRoot%\Minidump" (without quotation marks) in the Search Bar.
    2. Go to your Desktop, right-click on it and create a new folder named "Dump".
    3. Copy all the memory dump files (looks like Mini052009-01.dmp) in Minidump to this folder.
    4. Right-click on the Dump folder, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".

You can upload the collected files to SkyDrive, and let me know the URL by replying this thread. For detailed steps on how to upload files with SkyDrive, please refer to:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

The above Windows Live ID is ONLY for collecting troubleshooting information. Please do NOT send your questions to it. For any new questions, please post in the forums so that more MSFT, MVP and community members can help you.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, January 14, 2011 10:17 AM