Capture Registry ACL while Sequencing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

I'm currently experience a problem with ASG Remote Desktop 2012 via App-V 5.0 SP2 HF4. If i try to connect to a server which has RDS enabled, i get an error "The remote computer disconnected the session because of an error in the licensing protocol". We saw via ProcMon, that the Application is trying to access a key in the App-V Registry which ended in an Access Denied Error.

HKEY_USERS\{SID}_Classes\AppV\Client\Packages\{PACKAGE_ID}\REGISTRY\MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\MSLicensing\Store\

If we set the acl for the user to full control on a client, the application works like a charm. Also when the user is local administrator, there are no connection problem. I tried to set the acl during the sequencing but it seems that the sequencer doesn't capture acls. Any idea how i can solve this in a "clean" way? Otherwise i need to modify the above key after the publishing via regini.

Thank you

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 9:08 AM

Answers

• No ACLs are captured in sequencing. Inside the App-V bubble, the user should have full write permissions on all registry keys (even those under HKLM) except the ones listed under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\AppV\Subsystem\VirtualRegistry\PassThroughPaths, as these filter through to the local registry:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WINEVT
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\eventlog\Application
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies

Quite why you're getting access denied on that particular key is beyond me! What happens when you try to launch the application as admin?

When you fixed the problem by giving Users full control, did you apply it to that exact key under HKEY_USERS, or to the real HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\MSLicensing\Store?

• Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, October 22, 2014 2:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, October 25, 2014 3:03 PM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:30 PM