none
3rd Party App that Sends Email

Question

• We have a NAS that runs a rsync program for backups called Syncrify. It is a java app. So you can configure this java app to send emails to any email address when a backup or critical error is encountered. The exchange 2013 servers are on-premise which is on the same network as the java app. Here is the config of the java app to connect to exchange:

Email addresses on the exchange LAN work fine but when you use a non-local domain email is when it doesn't work (like name@yahoo.com). Is this a relay issue?

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 4:10 PM

Answers

• Hi forgiven.

Yes, I'd imagine it's related to the relay config

verify you have a connector to accept mails from this application:

https://glazenbakje.wordpress.com/2012/12/30/exchange-2013-how-to-configure-an-internal-relay-connector/

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful.

• Proposed as answer by Oleg.Kovalenko Tuesday, October 24, 2017 5:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by forgiven Wednesday, October 25, 2017 1:28 PM
    Tuesday, October 24, 2017 4:15 PM

All replies

• Hi forgiven.

Yes, I'd imagine it's related to the relay config

verify you have a connector to accept mails from this application:

https://glazenbakje.wordpress.com/2012/12/30/exchange-2013-how-to-configure-an-internal-relay-connector/

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful.

• Proposed as answer by Oleg.Kovalenko Tuesday, October 24, 2017 5:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by forgiven Wednesday, October 25, 2017 1:28 PM
    Tuesday, October 24, 2017 4:15 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for contacting our forum.

For this sending message Java App we need to create a custom receive connector as below:

• Create a custom type receive connector for the App’s IP address and add the permission as below;
    • Get-ReceiveConnector "Relay reconnector name" | Add-ADPermission -User "NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON" -ExtendedRights "Ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Recipient";
    • Restart the transport service.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 1:58 AM