none
PIN Login on 2012R2

Question

• Hello,

After some research i found that there is a GPO that enables domain joined users to login with a Pin, but what i have found is that this only applies to windows 7/8/10. I am wondering if there is a way to use this Pin Credential provider for 2012 R2 aswell. Basicly i want to use a other System Credential Provider to logon to my 2012 R2 server and i would like to know if this is possible with the PIN credential provider or maybe a other one.

Monday, March 13, 2017 10:24 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,
    As you said, it seems that PIN solution only works for windows clients based on my research.
    Regarding windows server 2012R2, except for authentication using password, you could have a try smart card authentication, smart cards are a tamper-resistant and portable way to provide security solutions for tasks such as client authentication, logging on to domains, code signing, and securing e-mail. Please see: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831433(v=ws.11).aspx
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 5:12 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, March 17, 2017 9:23 AM