Unable to enter maximum length field after switching to Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

One of our clients (our product is back office finance system application) is experiencing the following issue after switching

to Windows 7:

-They need to setup one of the fields that has 8 characters maximum. But they cannot input more than 7 characters. The system doesn't display the 8th characters. They tried to use narrow letters (like I) - it didn't help

Any advice?

Thank you in advance

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 1:48 PM

Answers

• This is an issue that must be addressed by the programmer or publisher of the application and probably is an indication of it not being totally compatible with Windows 7.  The application is unable to retrieve and display the 8th character and I seriously doubt there is anything you can do in Windows to compensate for the incompatibility.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by Marina Lev Tuesday, December 2, 2014 1:57 PM
    Wednesday, November 26, 2014 5:57 PM
  • Hi,

I noticed that you mentioned that "One of our clients ", so what about other Windows 7 machines, functioning fine? As a guess, maybe relsated with PC mdel, screen resolutiion, DPI settings?

Regarding to compatibility issue, we can use compatibility mode as a test, right click the exe, then Properties\Cpmpatibility 

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 27, 2014 6:59 AM

All replies

• This is an issue that must be addressed by the programmer or publisher of the application and probably is an indication of it not being totally compatible with Windows 7.  The application is unable to retrieve and display the 8th character and I seriously doubt there is anything you can do in Windows to compensate for the incompatibility.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 5:57 PM
  • Rick,

Thank you for the reply. I was afraid that it might be the answer. I will leave the thread open in case somebody had the similar situation and found the workaround.

-Marina

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 6:02 PM
  • Hi,

I noticed that you mentioned that "One of our clients ", so what about other Windows 7 machines, functioning fine? As a guess, maybe relsated with PC mdel, screen resolutiion, DPI settings?

Regarding to compatibility issue, we can use compatibility mode as a test, right click the exe, then Properties\Cpmpatibility 

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 27, 2014 6:59 AM
  • Hi,

I will try Properties/Compatibility

Yes, other users work fine, but they have dif version of our software
    Thank you for the advice!

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 1:57 PM