none
Internet Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• Today my computer will not start internet explorer, I have windows 7 and get a message that says something has gone wrong with IE but after running a scan it says my computer is free from malware &/or virus can anyone help?  I can get google chrome. 

• Edited by arb94 Friday, March 29, 2013 8:21 PM
    Friday, March 29, 2013 7:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• 1. What version of IE are you using?

2. What did the error message say?

3. Have you checked in Event Viewer?
    Type eventvwr in search.
    Go to the Windows Logs > Application in the left hand column.
    Note anything in red that relates to the CURRENT Internet Explorer problem.
    Please record the Event ID, and the Source Code.

4. Have you a System Restore point created PRIOR to this problem occurring that you could roll back to?

5. Tips for solving problems when Internet Explorer crashes or stops working
    If Windows Internet Explorer crashes, stops working, or closes immediately after being opened, you might get an error message telling you that Internet Explorer isn't working or that it encountered a problem and needs to close. First make sure that you have a good connection to the Internet. If you can't open Internet Explorer or if it opens briefly and then closes, the problem might be caused by low memory, or corrupted or missing system files. Restart your computer to clear the memory and then open Internet Explorer by itself.

Read more here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows7/tips-for-solving-problems-with-internet-explorer

Dyami & Wanikiya ...Team ZigZag.

Saturday, March 30, 2013 9:53 AM
  • Hi,

In addition,  you could restore the Internet Explorer by turn off and turn on the IE feature in the control panel ->Programs and Features.

Note: Before you restore Internet Explorer, please perform a system backup first and backup your favorites.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/turn-windows-features-on-or-off

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 3:04 AM