none
Windows hanging at reboot screen after OS Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• I am using MDT and PXE to deploy Windows 7 enterprise to the pc's in my company. It has been working fine and I am injecting device drivers and ms updates  for each model (all HP), but I seem to have a problem with a specific laptop model HP 820 G1.
    Deployment works, but after The OS is deployed and a reboot is initiated, the PC hangs at the reboot screen for approx 30 minutes before actually completing the reboot. What could be the cause of this problem ? After reboot the deployment continues installing application and completes with no errors. Could this be a driver problem maybe ? Suggestions are very welcome. 

Thanks

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 10:30 AM

Answers

• It seems to be happening in the post Install part of the task sequence process. After injection of drivers. A reboot is initiated at the end and this is where the reboot screen hang for approx. 30 minutes before actually rebooting. I narrowed it down to be a driver issue. After removing all drivers the problem is gone.  Now I just have to find out what driver slows the reboot

Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:47 AM

All replies

• Have you checked if you are using the latest BIOS?

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 12:09 PM
  • but after The OS is deployed and a reboot is initiated, the PC hangs at the reboot screen for approx 30 minutes before actually completing the reboot.

Not sure what you mean by this. Which part of the "OS deployed" are you talking about? Imagex.exe /apply, OOBE setup, or after the BDD full application install?

Is this a reboot initiated by the OS, or by MDT?

Specifically, what do you mean by "Hangs at the reboot screen?" Is this just a delay in logging off? Is the os performing updates? or is the Firmware/BIOS just slow? Specifically, what does the event log say?

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:16 PM
  • It seems to be happening in the post Install part of the task sequence process. After injection of drivers. A reboot is initiated at the end and this is where the reboot screen hang for approx. 30 minutes before actually rebooting. I narrowed it down to be a driver issue. After removing all drivers the problem is gone.  Now I just have to find out what driver slows the reboot

Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:47 AM