Deploy SBS / Migrate SBA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

one question, I´m currently using one of these terribly slow Audiocodes SBA modules with Lync 2013.

As our infrastructure is already on SfB2015, I would love to replace that not by an updated module, but with a VM installation in my local ESX environment.

So there are a few questions:

1. I know that it is technically possible to just do a P2V migration of the SBA module, but would this be a licensing issue? OS is licensed by the hosts Windows server datacenter license, but what about Lync?

2. I can´t find that much information of how to deploy a Server2012R2 VM and use this as Survivable Branch Server...is there any How-To to do that, maybe even including best practices for VM configuration to get a supported state here?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

LordBadHabit

Monday, March 27, 2017 11:43 PM

Answers

• Hi LordBadHaBit,

Issue1:

A: if you want to migrate Lync server 2013 to Skype for business server 2015, you should purchase SFB server 2015 license, phone to customer service by the following link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13948/global-customer-service-phone-numbers

Issue2:

A: you could deploy survivable branch server on Windows server 2012 or 2012R2 as the following link( this link also apply to Skype for business server 2015):
    http://www.uclabs.blog/2013/01/survivable-branch-server-design-and.html

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link. 

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Friday, March 31, 2017 1:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by LordBadHabit Friday, March 31, 2017 5:54 PM
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 6:18 AM

All replies

• Hi LordBadHaBit,

Issue1:

A: if you want to migrate Lync server 2013 to Skype for business server 2015, you should purchase SFB server 2015 license, phone to customer service by the following link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13948/global-customer-service-phone-numbers

Issue2:

A: you could deploy survivable branch server on Windows server 2012 or 2012R2 as the following link( this link also apply to Skype for business server 2015):
    http://www.uclabs.blog/2013/01/survivable-branch-server-design-and.html

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link. 

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Friday, March 31, 2017 1:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by LordBadHabit Friday, March 31, 2017 5:54 PM
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 6:18 AM
  • Hi Jim,

thanks for the link. And of course I will go for the license first.

Regards

LordBadHabit

Thursday, March 30, 2017 5:43 PM
  • Hi Jim,

thanks for the link. And of course I will go for the license first.

Regards

LordBadHabit

Hi LordBadHabit,

If the above suggestion is helpful to you. Please mark it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

Friday, March 31, 2017 1:53 AM