Vista activation RRS feed

• Question

• I'm facing following situation:

I bought a laptop with preinstalled Vista Business. During first run (instalation) the laptop was out of power and the instalation process was interupted, so the the system was not completely installed. The guys where I bought the laptop re-intalled the system, but with Vista Ultimate SP1 this time; and did not activated it...

Now I have the SN from Vista Business, and I don't have Vista Busines

but

I have Vista Uttimate and I don't have the SN for Vista Ultimate...

Does anybody know a solution, how can I activate Vista Ultimate? Is the reistallation of Vista Business the single solution???

Monday, November 3, 2008 1:28 PM

Answers

• What you are going have to do is to take the laptop back to the shop and get them to install Vista busines on it. Also find out if you are intitled to a reinstallation dvd for your laptop.
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 3:37 PM

All replies

• What you are going have to do is to take the laptop back to the shop and get them to install Vista busines on it. Also find out if you are intitled to a reinstallation dvd for your laptop.
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 3:37 PM
  • As per Robin's answer - you should return to the store where you purchased the laptop and have them supply the correct version of Vista that was sold with your machine (it should match the version stated on the sticker on the underside of the laptop).

The product key will be printed on that sticker, and can be used to activate your machine if the OEM is not using OEM Activation 2.0.

Thanks,
    Richard

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 7:31 PM
  • Thanks.
    Friday, November 28, 2008 12:12 AM
  • pls i hv problem with my windows vista in my system, but it show me to put pdoduct key, but unpotuanate i do not have key. kindly help

Saturday, November 29, 2008 2:53 PM
  •  hadiza wrote:
    pls i hv problem with my windows vista in my system, but it show me to put pdoduct key, but unpotuanate i do not have key. kindly help

If you do not have a product key for the Windows Vista edition you installed, then you'll need to purchase one.

http://store.microsoft.com/microsoft/Windows-Vista/category/101

Saturday, November 29, 2008 4:12 PM